|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The United and American Airlines shopping portals have been running promotions this past week and the Alaska Airlines portal is now joining them with a decent offer of its own.
- The Alaska Airlines shopping portal is running the following promotion:
- Spend $100 & get 400 bonus miles
- Spend $300 & get 1,200 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Treat Yourself Bonus” offer, which runs from 1/19/2022 through 1/28/2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 1,200 Mileage Plan bonus miles on qualifying purchases made through the Mileage Plan Shopping mall or from purchases made through Mileage Plan Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 400 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $100; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,200 miles for qualifying purchases of $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the Mileage Plan Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan Shopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
Both of these spending thresholds represents a bonus of 4x miles per dollar when spending exactly $100 or $300. That’s a decent offer seeing as Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles are more valuable than many other airline miles and are also harder than others to rack up.
Having said that, be sure to compare portal rates on Cashback Monitor because even with the 400 or 1,200 bonus miles you might do better clicking through from a different portal.
Something else to be aware of with the Alaska Airlines shopping portal is that they have many card-linked offers which enable you to earn miles on in-store purchases. That could make it easier to hit spending thresholds for this promotion seeing as you don’t have to be reliant on online shopping orders.