|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Alaska Airlines announced a new partnership with the rideshare service Lyft yesterday. This partnership allows Mileage Plan members to earn miles on all Lyft rides within the United States and Canada. While normal earning will be 1x, Alaska also launched a promotion where Mileage Plan members will earn 2x on Lyft rides until 12/31/22.
This Alaska promotion can be stacked with Chase’s Lyft partnership, meaning that Mileage Plan members can earn 2x Alaska miles AND up 5-10x Ultimate Rewards (UR) through the end of the year. There’s no cap on how many UR or Alaska Miles you can earn annually.
- Alaska Mileage plan members can now earn 1x miles/dollar on all Lyft rides in the US and Canada
- Through 12/31/22, Alaska is doubling the earn rate on Lyft to 2x
- This can be stacked with qualifying Chase cards to earn an additional 5-10x Ultimate Rewards per dollar
Chase Cards that earn bonuses with Lyft
Chase Sapphire Reserve: 10x total points on Lyft Rides
How to link Alaska and Lyft accounts
- Visit alaskalyft.com
- Follow prompts to sign-in to your Alaska account, then use the phone number associated with your Lyft account. Lyft will send you a verification code and then ask for your e-mail. The whole process takes 30 seconds.
- After registering, open the Lyft app and go to the “Rewards” menu on the sidebar tab
- Scroll down to “Travel Rewards.” If you didn’t have a partner previously selected, you’ll see Alaska Mileage Plan already there. Otherwise, select it.
Terms and Conditions
- You must link your Mileage Plan and Lyft accounts in order to earn Alaska miles
- Mileage plan earning only valid for rides within the United States and Canada
- There is no cap on how many miles you can earn
- Only the base fare will earn miles. Taxes, fees, tolls, and tips will not.
- Bike and scooter rides are not eligible for earning miles.
This is now Lyft’s 3rd partnership with a points and miles currency, the last two being Hilton Honors and Delta SkyMiles. Hilton offers 3x Hilton per dollar (2x on shared rides) and Delta offers 2x on rides to the airports and 1x on all other Lyft rides. According to our Reasonable Redemption Values, Alaska Miles are worth 1.3cpp, Delta SkyMiles are wirth 1.2 and 3x Hilton Honors points are worth 1.2, making Alaska the most valuable partner, even at 1x. Of course, you may prefer to earn Delta SkyMiles or use Lyft primarily as a means to get to the airport and, in that case, Delta is a fine option.
I’m a frequent Alaska flyer so, for me, this is the most exciting of the Lyft travel partnerships. The fact that this can all be stacked on top of the existing Chase partnership makes Lyft a very rewarding rideshare partner, indeed.