|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
UPDATE: Some are finding that this deal is available again even if they used it in the past.
Amazon is offering a targeted discount of 20-50% when checking out and using at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point to pay for your purchase. My wife saw a discount of 20% up to $20 off, but my account was targeted for 50% off up to $60 off. That’s a great deal to stack this week with Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and even better if you also synced up the offer for +8 Membership Rewards points per dollar on Amazon purchases.
- Amazon hasnew targeted offers for those using at least 1 Membership Rewards point at checkout: save either 40% (up to $50 off $125), 30% (up to $30 off $100), 20% (up to $20 off $100)
- Direct link to see if you are targeted (our affiliate link)
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/31/2020, or (b) the time at which 40,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $60 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
These deals run every now and then, but it looks like a fresh round of people have been targeted. As noted at the top, my wife only saw a deal for 20% off up to a discount of $20. There are also reports of 30% off up to $30 and 40% off up to $40 off.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to first click through and activate the offer, then apply at least 1 Membership Rewards point at checkout. Be sure not to use more than 1 point / $0.01 in points. You will otherwise get horrible value for points. That advice is even more relevant now if you have the Amex Offer for +8 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent. Our Reasonable Redemption Values peg Membership Rewards points at 1.55c per point, meaning that using 1 Membership Rewards point and paying the balance with the card yields another ~12% back. Combined with the discount, that’s a fantastic deal for an Amazon purchase.
As usual, this deal works on 3rd party gift cards (note: it does not work on Amazon gift cards), so it should be super easy to make use of this one even if you’re not shopping at Amazon. Link to third party gift cards (our affiliate link).
Keep in mind that if your gift card balance or the gift card you apply during checkout is worth less than the total price of items in your cart, you can alternatively use gift cards in conjunction with the points discount.
H/T: Doctor of Credit