|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Prime Day is coming in a couple of weeks and ahead of that Amazon is starting to run some deals. One of the best of those is a targeted offer giving 40% or 50% off on up to $150 or $160 of spend respectively.
- Amazon is offering the following targeted offers:
- Get 40% off on up to $150 spend when redeeming 1+ American Express Membership Rewards point
- Get 50% off on up to $160 spend when redeeming 1+ American Express Membership Rewards point
- Get 15% off on up to $100 spend when redeeming 714 American Express Membership Rewards points
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link).
- Direct link to enroll in Shop With Points (our affiliate link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 5:00pm PT on 7/13/2023 or (b) the time at which 31,024 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to products where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the product and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- This offer only applies to eligible products. Eligible products means products sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities are not eligible, even if they are fulfilled by Amazon.com or Prime eligible. Digital content products are also not eligible.
- Shipping charges may apply to eligible products and discounted promotional items.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $60 per eligible Membership Rewards-enrolled Card or per one Amazon account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If you used points for all or part of your order and any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s return policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your Card. If you would like Membership Rewards points returned to your account instead of a refund to your Card, you must contact American Express.
- If a refund cannot be processed by American Express for reasons including but not limited to closure of your Card Account, Amazon will issue an Amazon Gift Card to you for an amount equal to the value of the Membership Rewards points used towards your product.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards-enrolled Card issued in United States. Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
- The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. See full Shop with Points Terms and Conditions for details on www.amazon.com/amexmr.
The best offer listed above is obviously the one giving 50% off up to $160 of spend, but the 40% off up to $150 spend is also a solid deal and is the offer that I was targeted for. Sadly my wife only got the one giving 15% off when redeeming 714 Membership Rewards points which is vastly inferior.
With the first two offers, you only need to redeem one Membership Rewards point in order to get the discount. That’s the best thing to do because redeeming more points than that doesn’t give you a good redemption value for your points.
These spending offers have been released ahead of Prime Day which will be held from July 11-12. I’d be wary of waiting until Prime Day to take advantage of this offer though. That’s because it’ll end on July 13 or when 31,024 people have used the offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if 31,024 people used the offer before Prime Day, so it’d be best to use it ASAP if you’re targeted.
One of the best things about this type of offer is that you can use it to save money on third party gift cards. It doesn’t work on Amazon gift cards, but basically every other type of gift card is fair game. On the travel side of things that can include Hotels.com, Airbnb, Uber, etc. You can also redeem it for brands that don’t tend to go on sale for large discounts like Best Buy and Apple, or any other third party gift card brand sold by Amazon.
If redeeming the offer for regular purchases of merchandise, note that those items have to be both sold by and shipped by Amazon which can drastically reduce your options as many products are sold by third party sellers.