|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
American Airlines’ shopping portal launched a new spending promotion this week, offering 500 bonus miles for spending $200 through the portal.
- American Airlines Shopping Portal: Spend $200 & earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Expires 4/10/23
- During the “Mystery Bonus Offer which runs from 4/3/2023 through 4/10/2023 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of 500 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the base AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage® eShoppingSM mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Earn 500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $200 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage® eShoppingSM account. Void where prohibited by law.
It’s kind of funny that this is called a “Mystery Bonus,” when every gets the same 500 points for $200 in spend. It appears that the “Mystery” involves higher bonuses for specific retailers…I’ve got 1,000 miles for a Dell Outlet purchase.
You just get a week to hit the spending threshold here, but since it’s only $200 which shouldn’t be terribly difficult to hit, especially if you’re playing the AA Loyalty Games. While the offer isn’t terribly exciting, it does add an additional 2.5x to whatever credit card rewards you’d already be getting, a nice bump if you can use them towards purchases that you’d be making anyway.
Be aware that you won’t earn a corresponding number of AA Loyalty Points (LP) for the 500 bonus AAdvantage miles earned through this kind of promotion (although you will earn LP on the base $200 spend).
Be sure to compare portal rates on Cashback Monitor before committing as there be may be better options for a given retailer.