|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines shopping portal has launched a new promotion today which is offering up to 1,000 bonus miles when shopping through it.
- The American Airlines shopping portal is offering the following promotion:
- Spend $50 & get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $300 & get 1,000 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer
- During the “Bonus Bash” offer, which runs from 5/9/21 through 5/14/21 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 AAdvantage miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $50; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $300.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
The Alaska Airlines and United shopping portals are both offering bonuses right now too, with the setup on Alaska’s portal being the same as this one. Both the Alaska promo and this American promo end sooner than United’s, so if you have to focus on one then the best offer will depend on whose miles you’d rather earn and how you value Mileage Plan and AAdvantage miles.
The best return on a per-dollar basis would be to spend $50 with one of these portals and $50 with the other in order to earn 500 bonus miles with each, but your spending patterns will obviously affect if that’s a viable option.
One of the benefits of the Alaska and United portals is that they both have in-store card-linked offers and so you can earn their bonuses that way, whereas American’s portal doesn’t have that as an option for some reason. You could therefore focus your online spending through the American portal and eligible in-store spending with Alaska and/or United if that’s a possibility based on your upcoming spend.