|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 1/14/21: The Alaska Airlines shopping portal is also offering this deal with an expiry date a few days later than the United and American Airlines portals.
The American Airlines and United shopping portals have launched identical two-tiered promotions today offering up to 1,000 bonus miles.
- Spend $150 & get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $300 & get 1,000 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer – American Airlines – expires January 19, 2021
- Direct link to offer – United – expires January 19, 2021
- Direct link to offer – Alaska Airlines – expires January 22, 2021
- During the “Treat Yourself Bonus” offer, which runs from 1/11/21 through 1/19/21 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 AAdvantage miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
Both tiers on both shopping portals offer 3.33x bonus miles per dollar if spending exactly $150 or $300. That has the potential to be a good return, especially with retailers like Apple that don’t normally offer much more than 1x/1%.
As always though, be sure to compare rates on Cashback Monitor because even with the bonus miles, you might still do better shopping via a different portal.