Bank of America is running a promotion for new business checking accounts that offers a $1000 bonus with fairly simple requirements. Deposit $30,000, keep it there for a minimum of 61 days, and you get $1000. Depending on how long you deposit the money, this effectively works out to an interest rate of ~13-20% on the money while it’s there.
Note that this offer is officially targeted per the terms. That said, whenever there’s been a public landing page for these bonuses in the past and you sign up through that link, it works. Take screenshots of the landing page to be sure.
- Bank of America is offering a bonus of $1000 with a new business checking account.
- Requirements to Receive a $1,000 cash bonus:
- Open a new Business Advantage Relationship Banking or Business Advantage Fundamentals™ Banking account by December 31, 2023.
- Make Qualifying Deposits of $30,000 or more in new money* into your new Business Advantage Banking account within thirty (30) days of account opening; AND
- Maintain an average balance of $30,000 or more during the Maintenance Period** into the new Business Advantage Banking account (days 31-90 from account opening).
- Promo code=SSPCIS
- This offer is only available to business owners who receive this offer via a direct communication from a Bank of America Specialist or from a Bank of America communication.
- This offer is intended for new customers only; you are not eligible for this offer if you were an owner or signer on a Bank of America Business Advantage Banking account within the last twelve (12) months. Only one bonus ($1,000) per business customer, regardless of the number of businesses owned or operated by the customer.
- Offer expires on December 31, 2023, and all qualifying activities must be completed within the stated time frames in order to be eligible for this offer.
- *New money is new funds deposited into your Business Advantage Banking account that are not transfers from other Bank of America deposit accounts or Merrill investment accounts.
- **Maintenance Period begins thirty-one (31) calendar days after account opening and ends ninety (90) calendar days after account opening.
- The value of this bonus may constitute taxable income to you.
How to get Fees Waived
- The Monthly Fee for Business Advantage Fundamentals Banking will be waived when you meet one of the following requirements during each checking statement cycle:
- Maintain a $5,000 combined average monthly balance
- Use your Bank of America business debit card to make at least $250 in new net qualified purchases
- Become a Preferred Rewards for Business member
- The Monthly Fee for Business Advantage Relationship Banking will be waived when you meet one of the following requirements during each checking statement cycle:
- Maintain a $15,000 combined average monthly balance
- Become a Preferred Rewards for Business member (first 4 checking accounts, per enrolled business)
The nice thing about this business checking account bonus is that it is very simple: deposit the money within 30 days of account opening, leave it there for 60 days, collect a nice bonus and also get Bank of America Preferred Rewards Gold status (which waives the monthly fee without needing to meet any requirements).
While the offer appears to be targeted based on the terms, I’ve seen multiple data points from people who have received the bonus despite not being targeted. YMMV — there is could obviously be a chance that it won’t be honored if you weren’t targeted. Take screenshots just in case.
Nick did a similar bonus in 2020, depositing $20K for 60 days, and he quickly received his $500 bonus (see his 2020 bank bonus tally post for more info about the all the bank bonuses he did).
Now, because of the $30,000 deposit requirement, BOA has added Preferred Rewards for Business Gold tier benefits right off the bat. This gets you a 25% bonus on eligible business credit card earnings and a 5% interest rate boost on a Business Advantage Savings account.
(h/t: Miles Earn and Burn)