|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Barclays sent out some monster spending offers on their cards late last year and then again earlier this year. In both of those cases, I believe the offers were limited to consumer cards. This time, they have sent out spending offers to some business card holders. Unfortunately, the offers are much less generous than they have been on the consumer cards. Still, in some cases, these may be worth it.
- Barclays is sending out spending offers to select cardholders for some business cards. Offers we have seen so far are to earn up to 5,000 bonus points when employees use your business card to make purchases in November, December, and January as follows:
- Spend $2,000 or more in each month (November, December, and January) and get 1,000 bonus points for each month
- Meet the spending goal in all 3 months and get an additional 2,000 points for a total of up to 5,000 points
- We have thus far seen the offer appear for cardholders with the following cards (note that the offer is still targeted, so not all cardholders will receive it, and it is likely that the offer is also available on other cards):
- Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable.
- If you close your account or switch to another product during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion.
- Cardmembers who receive this offer and spend at least $2,000 each month in November, December and January will receive a bonus of 1,000 points each month the spend threshold is met.
- Receive an additional 2,000 points if you meet this monthly spend requirement in November, December and January.
- Purchases made during the promotional period that are later returned or rescinded are not eligible.
- All bonus points earned will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
These offers are far less generous than those on the consumer cards have been. These only represent an extra 0.83 points per dollar spent. That probably won’t move the needle for most cardholders. On the other hand, they may still be worth it.
For example, those who have the Wyndham Earner Business card can already earn 8x at gas stations and 5x on utilities. An extra 0.83 points per dollar is just gravy if you’ll already be spending near the requirements.
Note that there is no registration required, so if you’ve received the email you just need to meet the spending requirements.
Keep in mind that the terms state that the bonus points will post 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. That means that the bonus points may not post until April and in previous promotions it really has taken that long to post.