After running some somewhat decent promotions recently, Best Western has returned to form and is running a new promotion that’s only useful if you’ll be staying with them again before March 2022.
- Get a $20 Best Western bonus card for each night after you stay.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards members (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the promotion (either on bestwestern.com/giftcard or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel)), (b) complete one (1) eligible night stay*, a maximum of five (5) times, between September 13, 2021 and November 22, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the promotion, will earn one (1) promotional $20 USD/CAD** Best Western Travel Card (“Travel Card”) for each eligible night stay.
- There is a limit of five (5) $20 USD/CAD Travel Cards or a total of $100 USD/CAD in Travel Cards per Member during the promotion.
- Travel Cards expire on March 31, 2022.
- Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice.
- Promotion is non-transferable.
- Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the eligible night stay applied to the promotion.
- An eligible night stay completed prior to promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the promotion requirements. Best Western Rewards enrollment may be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible night stay to receive the Travel Card(s). The Travel Card(s) will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications). The Travel Card(s) will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Member’s email address as registered in the Member’s account profile. Travel Card(s) expire on March 31, 2022. The expiration date will be stated on the Travel Card. No extensions, substitutions, or replacements available. The Travel Card(s) cannot be used to pay for the eligible stay, during which the Member qualified to receive the Travel Card(s) pursuant to this promotion. The Travel Card(s) can be used toward a subsequent stay after the Travel Card(s) is received.
- An “eligible night” stay for the purpose of this promotion is defined as a night at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards, with the exception of a night booked through an online travel agency, a night booked through a tour operator, or a night booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria). Eligible nights can be consecutive or separate and at the same Best Western branded hotel or separate hotels. Eligible nights which take place during the Promotion Period must be completed on or before Monday, November 22, 2021 to be counted towards the Promotion.
Best Western is advertising this as a $20 gift card per night, but that’s not really true. They’re offering a bonus card, or what they call a ‘Travel Card’ which expires on March 31, 2022. This promotion is therefore only useful if you’ll be staying with them again at some point in the next 6.5 months.
If you happen to fall into that category, getting a $20 bonus card per night is a fairly good offer, especially if your room rate isn’t very expensive in the first place. However, note that this is only valid on stays in the US, Canada and Caribbean Islands, so if you’re traveling further afield, this promotion won’t apply.
As always, be sure to click through from a shopping portal before booking your stay. Rakuten has offered 10%/10x off and on fairly consistently over the past six months. They’re only at 6%/6x at the time of writing this, although RetailMeNot is offering 10% cashback on up to $500 of spend right now. You can check all the Best Western shopping portal rates here and here.
There’s the possibility that this offer will get even better. Best Western is a little like Hyatt and Wyndham in that they sometimes offer concurrent promotions that stack with each other, so keep an eye out for other Best Western promotions in the next couple of months that will enhance this offer.