|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards is offering a 30%-40% bonus when buying their points through November 27, 2023. Unlike most Wyndham sales where you could buy up to 120,000 points per-bonus, you can only buy up to 100,000 points with this latest sale before the bonus points are added.
You can buy Wyndham Rewards points at any time for 1.3 cents each, so this bonus brings the cost down to 0.93-1cpp (cents per point) depending on whether you’re targeted for a 30%, 35% or 40% bonus. While we never recommend buying points speculatively, these points could be quite useful for Vacasa Vacation Rentals, allowing you to get a 4-night stay at a 1-bedroom property for ~$557 – or less if you have a Wyndham credit card that offers a 10% discount on award stays.
- Get up to a 40% bonus on the purchase of Wyndham Rewards points when buying 3,000+ points:
- 30% bonus = 1cpp
- 35% bonus = 0.96cpp
- 40% bonus = 0.93cpp
- Expires 11/27/23.
Direct Link to Offer (scroll down to the ‘Purchase Points’ section and click ‘Buy Now’).
Best Uses of Wyndham Points
- Book Vacasa properties for only 15,000 points per bedroom (see this post for more details)
- Wyndham Rewards has three redemption tiers – 7,500, 15,000 and 30,000. Since these are fixed, they can be great value when room prices are extremely high (e.g. during special events or holidays). These tiers also apply to Wyndham Vacation Club time share properties, so one-bedroom condos can be had for as low as 7,500 points per night.
- Book Go Fast rewards – this is Wyndham’s Cash + Points option. With this option, it is sometimes possible to get outsized value for a small number of points. See Greg’s calculations for examples.
Things to know
- When you book nights with points, you will not earn points for the stay.
- Most hotel taxes are not charged on award stays, so this can make the value of buying points even better. Arguably, this factor and the one above roughly cancel each other out.
- Resort fees are waived on award stays. This alone can make it worthwhile to use points instead of cash for your bookings.
- Wyndham points expire after 18 months of inactivity, and 4 years after acquisition. The former is easy to avoid since any account activity will reset the clock, but the four year timer is more problematic. Luckily, there is a workaround. See "How to prevent Wyndham points from expiring" for details.
This could definitely be worth it if you’re booking a Vacasa vacation rental (see Nick’s review of the cabin he rented in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee area as an example).
If you don’t have an immediate use in mind, it may be worth waiting because Wyndham has regular sales at a similar rate. It’s also worth clicking through to Points.com from a shopping portal to earn a little cashback – here are the current rates.
Previous Wyndham points promotions:
- 30% discount (Buy points for 0.91 cents each). Expired October 20, 2023
- 35% bonus (Buy points for 0.96 cents each). Expired August 8, 2023
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired May 23rd, 2023
- 40% bonus (Buy points for 0.93 cents each). Expired April 21, 2023.
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired February 10, 2023
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired July 10, 2022
- 40% bonus (Buy points for 0.93 cents each). Expired April 3, 2022.
- 40% discount (Buy points for 0.73 cents each). Expired December 31, 2021.
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired November 12, 2021.
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired August 25, 2021
- 35% bonus (Buy points for 0.96 cents each with an increased cap of 120K pre-bonus). Expired June 30, 2021.
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired May 7, 2021.
- 40% bonus (Buy points for 0.93 cents each). Expired April 21, 2021.