Chase and United are running a promotion called their Dream Bigger Bonus offering 1,200 bonus miles when spending $6,000 on a Chase United card by the end of the year. There also appears to be a similar offer for Southwest cardholders.
- Spend $6,000 on a Chase United card & get 1,200 bonus miles.
- Based on comments below, other offers include getting 750 miles when spending $500, $1,500 or $3,000.
- Direct link to registration.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must click the button in the email or log on to united.com/dreambiggerbonus to enroll by December 15, 2020, 11:59 p.m. CT.
- You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period.
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
- Please allow 6–8 weeks after the promotion ends on December 31, 2020, for bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus® account. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last four digits referenced in this offer.
The terms of this offer suggest that Chase and/or United will be sending emails out about this offer, but I spotted a banner for the promotion in the MPX app earlier today. It took me to the link provided above, so I’m not sure if this is a targeted offer or if it’s open to every Chase United cardholder.
It’s not a particularly enticing offer though seeing as it means you’re effectively earning a total of 1.2 MileagePlus miles per dollar when spending exactly $6,000. Still, it’s worth registering even if you have no plans right now to put any spend on the card just in case Chase launches any other temporary bonus categories on the card in the next few months. The United card temporarily earned 3x at grocery stores earlier this year, so being able to stack this bonus offer with potential bonused spend categories could make it more worthwhile.
Doctor of Credit reports that some Southwest cardholders are receiving somewhat similar offers that require at least $6,000 of spend. That offer is different though because it offers a 30% bonus rather than 20%, has a higher spend limit and is valid through January 31, 2021 rather than December 31, 2020. With those additional features and the fact that Southwest credit card spend is Companion Pass-eligible, that offer is more interesting than this United one.