Choice Privileges has launched two new hotel promotions for stays through the end of the year, as part of their “Members Only Madness” week that I guess is supposed to be kind of a Choice-specific Black Friday week.
The promo gives 5,000 bonus points when staying 3 or more nights at participating Choice Hotels locations, as well as casino hotels. Registration is required and booking must be made by 11/19/22 for stays through the end of the year. This is stackable with a chainwide promotion that offers 10-25% off when staying 2+ nights and booking 7 days in advance.
- Stay 3 consecutive nights with Choice Hotels & earn 5,000 bonus points
- Stack with another promotion that gives 10-25% off when staying 2+ nights and when booking 7 days in advance (advertised as 20%)
Key Terms and Conditions
- Registration required at http://www.choicehotels.com/promo/choice-privileges-points-offer by 11/19/2022.
- To qualify for this offer you: (1) must be a Choice Privileges® Rewards Program Member, (2) make a reservation for a qualifying stay of three or more nights on ChoiceHotels.com or through the Choice mobile app by 11:59 PM EST on 11/19/2022, and (3) complete your stay by 12/31/2022.
- A stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or checkouts.
- WoodSpring Suites® properties are among the hotels that are not currently participating.
- This offer is only valid for qualifying stays, which excludes rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer as part of pre-paid wholesale rates, wholesale packages or senior tours.
- After finishing a qualifying stay of three or more nights, completed by December 31, 2022, member will be awarded 5,000 Choice Privileges bonus points within 4-8 weeks. [Bonus points do not qualify for any elite bonuses.]
- Members can only receive the bonus points one time for a qualifying stay through December 31, 2022 (additional stays will not be awarded a bonus).
- For full rules and regulations, visit www.ChoiceHotels.com/CPrules. This email offer is valid only for use by and for intended recipient.
Earning 5,000 bonus points for 3+ nights isn’t a stellar return, but it’s still a decent enough bonus if you’d be staying at any Choice properties by the end of the year anyway. Stacking it with 20% off could make it even better…although, in practice, what Choice advertises as 20% off is actually 10-25% off.
Looking through several cities, it seems like there are 3-4 tiers of discounts for booking multiple nights 7+ days out. They vary by property and length of stay.
For instance, here’s a Comfort Inn that’s near Boeing in Seattle:
Note that the advanced booking rates are full cancelable, but neither of them hit the 20% off that Choice advertises. However, when looking at another property near the airport for the same dates, the discount gets even better than advertised:
Again, none of this is mind-bending, but if you’re able to take advantage of both the discount and the 5,000 point bonus on an already-planned stay, it’s could be a modest win. Happy first day of Choice Member Madness! 😉