|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Choice Hotels is running deals throughout this week called Members Only Madness. That kicked off on Monday with an offer giving 5,000 bonus points for stays of three nights or more.
Deals have now continued, with the latest two offers giving bonus points when booking using the Choice app and a reduced redemption rate for third party gift cards.
- Earn 1,000 bonus points when booking a stay using the Choice app
- Redeem 6,000 Choice Privileges points for $25 gift cards.
- Direct link to offers.
- App booking bonus
- Registration required via the Choice Hotels mobile app by 11/19/2022.
- To qualify for this offer you: (1) must be a Choice Privileges Rewards Program Member, (2) make a reservation for a qualifying stay through the Choice mobile app by 11:59 PM EST on 11/19/2022, and (3) complete your stay by 12/31/2022.
- WoodSpring Suites properties are among the hotels that are not currently participating.
- This offer is only valid for qualifying stays, which excludes rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer as part of pre-paid wholesale rates, wholesale packages or senior tours.
- After finishing a qualifying stay completed by December 31, 2022, member will be awarded 1,000 Choice Privileges bonus points within 4-8 weeks. [Bonus points do not qualify for any elite bonuses.]
- This offer may be combined with the Members Only Madness 5,000 point bonus, but Members can only receive bonus points one time for a qualifying stay through December 31, 2022 (additional stays will not be awarded a bonus).
- Available to U.S. residents only.
- Gift card redemption
- Valid for US members only.
- This 25% off offer applies only to gift cards in the $25 denomination beginning 11/16/2022 and ending 11/19/2022 at 11:59 PM ET, while supplies last.
Redeeming 6,000 points for a $25 gift card doesn’t represent good redemption value as it means you’d be getting only 0.42cpp of value from your points – less than two-thirds of the Reasonable Redemption Value for Choice Privileges points. That option is therefore only worth considering if you have pretty much exactly 6,000 Choice points and don’t anticipate ever using them for hotel stays.
The other offer giving 1,000 bonus points for a booking in the app is a better deal, especially because it’ll stack with the offer giving 5,000 bonus points on a stay of three or more nights. Having said that, booking via the app presumably means that you’d be forgoing cashback/rewards from shopping portals unless portals automatically open the app and track reservations made there. If they don’t track app bookings, you might do better clicking through from a portal and booking on their website depending on:
a) The cost of your stay
b) The rate available on the portal
c) What value you place on 1,000 Choice Privileges points