|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Last week Choice Privileges launched a new feature which they’re calling Free Night Sweet Spots. It’s an award sale at select properties a la IHG’s old PointSavers feature that can save you a good number of points on stays at participating hotels.
- Save on award stays at select Choice Privileges properties with Free Night Sweet Spots.
- Direct link to offer.
- These properties feature reduced Choice Privileges Rewards free nights points redemption levels for the period 10/5/2022 through 11/30/2022.
- Reward nights worldwide are available from 6,000 to 35,000 points (excluding Asia-Pac, where reward nights require up to 100,000 points).
- You may find the reward level for any participating hotel at choiceprivileges.com or by calling the Reservation Program Line.
- Rooms available at these point levels are limited and Choice may change the reward levels or the level of any hotel at any time without notice.
This list has 25 properties on it and many of them appear to be hotels you might want to actually stay at rather than being random Quality Inns just off an interstate in the middle of nowhere.
In fact, about a third of the eligible properties are Choice’s Cambria brand which is one of their few higher end hotel brands. That includes a Cambria in Sonoma, one in downtown Louisville which is only a couple of blocks from Angels Envy Distillery and another at St. Petersburg-Madeira Beach Marina in Florida.
Many non-Cambria brands are highly rated and in locations you might want to visit too. For example, the Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island Bayfront Resort is in a great location, while the Quality Inn & Suites On The River in Glenwood Springs is in a beautiful part of Colorado.
Some of the award pricing appears to be even better than is being advertised on the landing page for this list of Free Night Sweet Spots. For example, the Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island Bayfront Resort is listed as being available for as low as 20,000 points per night, but when clicking through to the property the award rate for stays from Sunday to Thursday is 16,000 points per night from December 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
You currently have to book discounted award stays at these properties by November 30, 2022. What’ll be interesting to see is if Choice continues this feature with a fresh batch of properties every couple of months, or if this is some kind of random one-off award sale. Hopefully it’s the former and that it’ll evolve into something akin to IHG’s PointSaver feature in its prime.
Don’t forget that if you’re a Citi ThankYou Premier or Prestige cardholder you can transfer ThankYou points to Choice on a 1:2 basis. That can provide particularly good value for award nights at these discounted properties, such as the Quality Inn & Suites On The River in Glenwood Springs, CO which would only require 6,000 ThankYou points per night which is fantastic value.