|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 3/20/23: As per usual, Giftcards.com is adding additional codes to get 5% off virtual Visa Gift Cards. The new codes are SPRING5, LUCKY and SHAMROCK.
GiftCards.com is offering 5% off on virtual Visa gift cards with promo code POTOFGOLD. You can score a maximum discount of $75 with the code, but that makes these gift cards profitable — all the better if you are able to stack with a shopping portal.
- GiftCards.com is offering 5% off on Virtual Visa Gift Cards with promo code POTOFGOLD, LUCKY, SHAMROCK and SPRING5
- Direct link to this deal (our affiliate link, but you can likely earn portal rewards if you click through a shopping portal instead)
- Max discount of $75 off of $1500 in cards
- Activation fee of $5.95 on each card
- Max denomination of $250 per card
- Net $39.30 money-maker after 5% discount plus activation fees and before portal rewards
- Note that most portal terms indicate that you can only earn rewards on up to $2,000 worth of orders per month at GiftCards.com.
This promotion comes around now and then and works out to be a $39.30 money-maker before portal rewards, assuming you have a use for the virtual visa gift cards. I typically use them to pay insurance bills.
If you’re lucky, you may be able to stack this with a shopping portal payout. I clicked through from Capital One Shopping because I have….a pretty good offer for GiftCards.com….
After clicking through and loading up my cart, the Capital One Shopping browser extension prompted me to activate it for 18% back. It then prompted me to try promo codes on the checkout page – and one of those codes was POTOFGOLD. I think that means this will stack. Greg has previously had success with Capital One Shopping offers for GiftCards.com, so I’ve got my fingers crossed.
I believe the best public offer right now is also via Capital One Shopping at 6% back. Remember that you do not need a Capital One card to use Capital One Shopping. I bought using a World of Hyatt card to inch toward the annual $15K spend for a Category 1-4 free night certificate. See this post for more detail about Capital One Shopping and how to find your targeted offers.
H/T: Doctor of Credit