There is a new, targeted Amex offer that gives 3,000 Membership Rewards points back on a $300+ purchase of Delta gift cards. The 3,000 MR bonus is worth $33 if cashed out via a Schwab American Express or ~$46 if using our Reasonable Redemption Values. The last time they did this deal, it was 6,000 Membership Rewards on $300+ in purchases…making this one look paltry by comparison.
I found this offer on all of my MR-earning cards, so it appears to be widely-targeted. The fact that this is specifically aimed at gift card purchases makes the offer extremely easy to redeem.
- Targeted Amex Offer for 3,000 Membership Rewards back on $300+ purchases of Delta gift cards. Enrollment is required and gift cards must be purchased at delta.com/giftcards/amex.
- Purchase must be completed by 11/23/2023
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- QUALIFYING PURCHASES: Offer valid online only at US website delta.com/giftcards/amex for e-gift and physical gift card purchases.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- You may not receive additional Membership Rewards points if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the Membership Rewards points if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 11/23/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- We may not credit additional Membership Rewards points to, or we may take away additional Membership Rewards points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/canceled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional Membership Rewards points.
- Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied.
Most Delta Amex Offers are targeted at purchases directly from Delta, leaving many folks to try and figure out ways to apply it to gift cards or a future flight credit in order to capture the savings from the offer. This one is far easier, as it’s targeted specifically at gift card purchases.
The offer is for a $300+ purchase, but it should go without saying that there’s absolutely no reason to buy more than the $300 minimum necessary to trigger the offer. Instead of the normal 20%ish cash back on these offers, the bonus is in Membership Rewards. 3,000 MR is worth $33 if you cash out using a Schwab card, but can be much more valuable than that if transferred to partners, giving this offer a value of somewhere between 11-15% back on a $300 gift card. Decent, but not great, especially when compared to the last Delta Gift Card Amex Offer that gave 6,000 points on a $300+ purchase.
Officially, the offer is good until 11/23, but Delta offers have a maximum redemption limit on them and will usually disappear before the expiration date. So, if you’re into this one, I’d advise getting on it sooner than later.