|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Delta is offering another unadvertised award flash sale with flights to Europe for as low as 34,000 miles round-trip. Delta usually charges 70,000 miles round-trip (or more) for economy flights to Europe, so this is a huge discount off their regular pricing.
Book Delta main cabin awards from U.S. cities to various European cities for as few as 34,000 miles round trip.
- There is no published info about this sale so it’s not known which routes are included, but it appears that there are deals from most U.S. cities to most major European airports. I found it easy to find 44K routes, but finding the 34K gems is tougher. The Points Guy highlights (and I’ve confirmed) the following routes being available for 34K round trip this fall:
- Dayton (DAY) to Madrid (MAD)
- Nashville (BNA) to Amsterdam (AMS)
- New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH)
- San Antonio (SAT) to Milan (MXP)
- Here is a list of Delta’s European airport destinations worth trying from your home airport: Edinburgh (EDI), Dublin (DUB), London (LHR), Amsterdam (AMS), Brussels (BRU), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA), Stuttgard (STR), Munich (MUC), Zurich (ZRH), Milan (MXP), Venice (VCE), Lisbon (LIS), Madrid (MAD), Barcelona (BCN), Nice (NCE), Rome (FCO), Dubrovnik (DBV), Athens (ATH)
- Dates: It has been reported that the sale is for travel through March 2022, but in my early searches I’ve only seen these prices through early December 2021.
- When searching Delta.com, make sure to search round-trip and then change the search result view from Flexible Dates to the Price Calendar to see results 1 month at a time.
This is a great use of Delta SkyMiles! In a few examples where I compared to cash prices, this sale offers approximately 2.4 cents per mile value. That’s very good for Delta miles. Plus, awards that originate in North America are freely changeable and cancelable (you’ll get your miles and taxes back) so if you have the miles there is no risk in booking. For those with Delta Diamond Global Upgrade Certificates (GUCs) note that these are main cabin fares and so you can apply GUCs to these bookings!
Hat tip to Thrifty Traveler Premium via The Points Guy
Has this deal expired?
Just booked a New York – Madrid roundtrip for 32,000 SkyMiles today. So some great deals are still out there to be had!
Good for you Sami-I can’t find these deals . Could you share dates and which airport you found this at? Thanks in advance!
Sure. JFK-MAD on 2/11 and return on 2/15. Lots of dates to choose from.
I think it’s dead. Prices are back up to 70k from 34k
Is sale still going on? Are there specific end dates ? I’m only finding regular prices on Nov and Dec for MSP – AMS
Wow, too bad I don’t have that many Delta miles! I found JFK-MAD for 32K+$52 and JFK-CDG for 40K+$91, both in February.
My kids have a school break the week after President’s Day so we usually travel then. And hey, I think a cold day in Europe is better than a cold(er) day at home! LOL.
LAX-several European cities in early Nov are available for 44k miles RT.
Hey, can you list some cities from LAX? Thanks so much.
[…] (HT: Frequent Miler) […]
[…] (HT: Frequent Miler) […]
LAX/FCO: Main Cabin 63,000 mi + $75.45 / Comfort+ 116,000 mi + $75.45 / 1 stop ATL / out A321 + A330-300 / in A330-300 + 757 / reasonable layover times
(Premium or Business: LMAO)
SAN/FCO: slightly cheaper at 60,000 or 112,000 miles (same route, 767-400+A330-300 / A330-300 + A321.
Edit: 2-month trip, end of September to end of November
It’s a stupid good sale since the MQM counts for status, gets a .5 multiplier, and rolls over to next year. I booked two long weekends this fall in Amsterdam and Paris that will generate 33K MQM for a total of 88K Skymiles and about $140 in taxes.
It also works on open jaws.
For example SEA-FCO–CDG-SEA 44k+$96.
Occasionally there’s an opportunity to upgrade to Comfort+ for reasonablish. (23K premium one way). I’d pass, and Premium Select isn’t a good option.
I had one with about 14K more but I was able to get exit row seats all the way so I passed.
Tons of possibilities from MKE in late Oct/early Nov (only dates I checked) to DUB, LHR, AMS, BRU, CDG, FRA, ZRH, and probably others. Many of those look like they have 2 connections or stupid flight times, but I could quickly find reasonable 1-connection flights at least for AMS and CDG.
I should have noted those are all 34K miles + fees.
Yawn. I need to be up front. 🙂
SAT-CDG November 8-17. 34,000+$96. I grabbed two tickets!!
Does this work on Business or premium economy? How about one-way?
No, just economy round-trip
Not sure if this qualifies as an unadvertised flash sale, but there are also some decent domestic Skymiles fares for the fall as well.
SEA-PHX 3000 Basic Economy, 4500 Main Cabin
SEA-SAN 2500 BE, 3500 Main
SEA-ORD 4000 BE, 5500 Main
SEA-LAX 3000 BE, 4000 Main
Cash fares were cheap on all of these, but most of the above get at least 2 cents/mile
I have two trips to Europe using SkyMiles planned for the spring, so I had hopes that I could rebook and save some miles, but no luck. Trips in the spring on Delta are now actually higher than when I booked them earlier. However, I was able to price JFK-BRU roundtrip Feb 15-23 for 40,000 miles plus $59.95, so the sale definitely does extend beyond December. Not sure if it extends beyond February though.
[…] Read more @ frequentmiler.com […]
Does DL (or any carrier) ever do these types of sales departing from Japan?