|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Most of the airline shopping portals are offering bonus miles when meeting certain spending thresholds right now (see Shopping Portal Bonuses: Earn Up To $100 Cashback / 2,500 Miles (Upromise, Alaska, United, Southwest & American)).
Delta has joined the fray today with a promotion of their own which has a couple of different tiers.
- The Delta SkyMiles shopping portal is running a two-tiered promotion:
- Spend $150 & earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350 & earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Semi-Annual Bonus” offer, which runs from 08/07/20 through 08/16/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard miles earned from shopping online through the SkyMiles Shopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $350 or more.
- Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card, or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus miles eligibility calculation; please see the SkyMiles Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your SkyMiles Shopping account.
- The maximum number of bonus miles that will be awarded to an eligible SkyMiles Shopping account through the “Semi-Annual Bonus” offer is 1,000 bonus miles.
The best return on a miles per dollar basis is the lower threshold as that offers 3.33 miles per dollar if spending exactly $150, whereas you’ll only earn 2.86 miles per dollar if spending exactly $350.
Either of those is a nice bonus, but my anecdotal experience is that the SkyMiles shopping portal tends to offer fairly poor rates compared to other shopping portals. It’s therefore worth comparing rates on Cashback Monitor more than ever to ensure you’re getting the best return, taking into account the bonuses available on other airline shopping portals right now.
Something worth noting is that the Delta shopping portal doesn’t offer Raise or GiftCards.com as partner retailers. Both of those can normally be good ways to max out these airline shopping portal promotions despite gift cards being excluded, but it’s a moot point seeing as neither are available on this particular portal.