With the American, Alaska, United and Southwest portals all offering bonus miles/points at the moment when hitting certain spending thresholds, it’s time for Delta to get in on the action with their own portal promotion.
- The Delta shopping portal is offering the following two-tiered promotion:
- Spend $200 & earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $400 & earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Back-to-School Bonus” offer, which runs from 8/1/2022 through 8/11/2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard miles earned from shopping online through the SkyMiles Shopping mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $200; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $400 or more.
- Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card, or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus miles eligibility calculation; please see the SkyMiles Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your SkyMiles® Shopping account.
- The maximum number of bonus miles that will be awarded to an eligible SkyMiles Shopping account through the “Back-to-School Bonus” offer is 1,000 bonus miles.
I’ve rarely clicked through from the Delta shopping portal before making an online purchase because their standard reward rates are generally pretty poor compared to other shopping portals.
Even with this latest promotion, I doubt I’ll use the Delta portal because even with the bonus SkyMiles on offer other portals will likely have better rates, or the bonuses on the Alaska and American or United and Southwest portals will be more rewarding overall.
Having said that, there might be the odd occasion where the Delta portal is a little more competitive, so adding on 500 or 1,000 bonus SkyMiles would make that an even better deal, especially if you’re specifically wanting to top up your SkyMiles account balance.