|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Delta launched a new deal on its gift cards the other day which, in itself, isn’t particularly exciting. However, it does become more interesting if you have a targeted Delta gift card Amex Offer as that’ll stack and make this opportunity far more rewarding.
- Buy $400+ Delta gift cards & earn the following bonus SkyMiles
- SkyMiles general members – 3x SkyMiles
- Silver Medallion members – 4x SkyMiles
- Gold Medallion members – 5x SkyMiles
- Platinum Medallion members – 6x SkyMiles
- Diamond Medallion members – 7x SkyMiles
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires December 1, 2023.
- Please allow 30 business days after the promotion end date for the bonus miles to be added to customer’s SkyMiles account inputted during checkout.
- Customer must enter a valid and accurate SkyMiles number at checkout to be rewarded their bonus miles. At the time the miles are awarded, the Medallion status of the member at the time of deposit will determine the miles qualifier for this promotion.
Earning 3x-7x depending on your elite status level would, in many cases, be better than the return you’d get by paying for Delta flights on a Delta credit card. That said, other credit cards (e.g. Amex Platinum) can be more rewarding, plus paying with gift cards means you’d be forgoing travel protections.
The 3x-7x also becomes less appealing considering you can buy up to $1,000 of Delta gift cards from MyGiftCardsPlus at the moment and earn 10% cashback. That makes this 3x-7x deal an expensive way of earning SkyMiles by comparison.
Having said all that, there is one scenario where this offer becomes more worthwhile. There’s a targeted Amex Offer giving 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards when spending $300+ on Delta gift cards. Earning 3x-7x SkyMiles as well as 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards (plus at least 400+ points/miles depending on which Amex card you have the offer on) turns this into an offer that’s worth considering.