If you know anyone who’s planning their first stay at a Choice Hotels brand, both of you can earn 500 bonus points if you refer them to the Choice Privileges reward scheme.
- Each time one of your referred friends joins and completes their first point-eligible stay, 500 bonus points will be added to both your accounts.
- Direct link to form where you can refer a friend.
- To participate, you must be a Choice Privileges member.
- Bonus points will post within 72 hours of the referred friend completing their first qualifying (point-eligible) stay.
- This promotion is only valid for point-eligible stays, which exclude rooms booked using an ineligible rate plan, rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, points plus cash reservations, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount.
- Allow 20 days after check-out for points to post for stays in hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, Asia-Pac and the Caribbean for points to post to your account.
This referral program has been going on for a long time, but we wanted to share it again as it’s been a few years since we originally published this post and it’s not a referral program that gets featured or mentioned a lot.
Choice Privileges hasn’t set up their referral scheme in the most straightforward way, as you have to enter your friend’s email address to generate a referral link (as opposed to them having a referral link that you can copy and paste).
There’s a fairly easy way to get a generic referral link that you can share with friends though. Visit the referral page and send a referral to yourself using an alternative email address. If you only have one email address but use Gmail, change the end to googlemail.com and it’ll still come through.
The Choice Hotels referral link is the same for each person you refer, so the link you send yourself can be shared with others. Keep an eye on your spam folder though as both test emails I sent (one to a Gmail account and one to a Hotmail account) ended up there.
If you’re not a member of Choice Privileges yet and would like to earn 500 bonus points when joining, please feel free to use my (well, my wife’s) referral link.
A nice thing about the referral bonus points is that they extend your qualifying activity by 18 months. That’ll help ensure you don’t lose any existing points from non-activity. If you don’t end up being able to refer anyone, check out Greg’s recent post which shares all the other ways you can keep your Choice Hotels points from expiring.