|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Airbnb isn’t the only vacation rental that British Airways offers Avios for. They also have a partnership with VRBO that offers 3x Avios.
- Earn 3x British Airways Avios per £1 spent when booking VRBO stays.
- Direct link to offer.
- To be eligible for this offer, Eligible Participants must make their reservation and enter their BAEC membership number in the “Please enter your British Airways Executive Club Membership number (8 digits) to earn Avios” field on the payments page at the time of booking. Avios will not be awarded if the Eligible Participant’s surname used in the booking as the primary traveller does not match the surname associated to the British Airways Executive Club Membership number provided.
- Avios will only be awarded on the cost of the rental amount only excluding the relevant taxes, cleaning fees, property damage protection and any others service fees upon completed stay.
- Avios will be issued at a standard rate of 3 Avios per £1 spent. Where Accommodation Rentals are paid in a currency other than British Pounds Sterling the award of Avios shall be calculated at the currency exchange rate to the standard rate at that time.
- Avios will be awarded up to 8 weeks after your completed stay date.
This partnership with VRBO seems to work a little differently to the one with Airbnb. The Airbnb partnership offers 3x (or 4.5x during the current promotion) per £1/€1/$1 spent with Airbnb. This VRBO offer on the other hand offers 3x per £1 spent, with the earnings being adjusted based on the current exchange rate.
At the time of publishing this post, the exchange rate is £1:$1.25. That means a 3x rate would work out to be a 2.4x rate if booking a stay in USD, assuming that is indeed how the earnings are calculated.
That means the 3x MileagePlus miles you can earn through VRBO’s partnership with United could be more lucrative depending on how you value each of their miles/points. Many other shopping portals offer cashback too, so be sure to compare rates on Cashback Monitor before making VRBO bookings to ensure you get the best return.
Do you know if it can be added to a current reservation?
I wouldn’t have thought so as you have to enter your BA details during the booking process.