|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
American Express is sending out some targeted offers today to Hilton cardholders offering an additional 3 points per dollar when paying for Hilton stays with their Hilton credit card.
- Earn +3 bonus points per dollar on Hilton stays when paying with an enrolled Hilton credit card.
- Direct link to registration.
- You must enroll to participate. Offer to enroll is available to eligible Basic Card Members and Additional Card Members who hold a Hilton Honors American Express Card. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members. Limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Account.
- You will receive 3 additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points, for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a property within the Hilton portfolio, including bookings and incidental charges, starting from the date of enrollment through September 5, 2022 (“Purchase Period”), up to a total of 4,500 additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points. To receive the 3 additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points, the booking must be made directly through a reservation channel operated by Hilton and the purchase must be completed with your enrolled Hilton Honors American Express Card during the Purchase Period. To receive the 3 additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points, incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within a Hilton property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your enrolled Hilton Honors American Express Card during the Purchase Period. Purchases completed prior to enrollment are not eligible for the additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- The Hilton Honors Bonus Points you may earn as part of this offer are in addition to any other Bonus Points you may get from using your Card. Hilton Honors Bonus Points you earn with your Card through this offer will be posted to your Hilton Honors account up to 12 weeks after the end of your billing period.
This is a bit of a strange promotion as I wouldn’t have thought that +3 bonus points per dollar will be enough to move the needle when it comes to people deciding whether or not to book a Hilton stay this summer.
It likely won’t make a difference either in people’s choice as to which card they pay with. If they already have a Hilton Surpass or Aspire card, they’d likely be paying with that to earn 12x or 14x respectively; if they weren’t going to use one of those cards, I doubt earning 15x or 17x respectively would result in them switching payment methods, but it sure is a nice little bonus if you were going to pay with one of those cards anyway and are targeted for this spending offer.
This promotion means that you can earn up to 57 points per dollar on stays this summer when taking into account Hilton’s double/triple points promotion. Note that there’s a limit of 4,500 bonus points earned via this new spending offer, so it’s good on up to $1,500 of spend.