IHG One Rewards has opened registration for a new promotion for stays starting from May 18 and which has the potential to be very rewarding and even more so if you’re a credit cardholder.
- Earn the following bonus points when staying with IHG:
- 2x points on nights 2-5
- 3x points on nights 6-14
- 4x points on nights 15+
- 3,000 bonus points every 3 nights as a credit cardholder, up to 6,000 bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- You must be an IHG One Rewards member and must register in order to participate in the “Earn up to 4X” promotion (“Promotion”).
- Members can pre-register for this Promotion starting May 4, 2022 through May 17, 2022. Members will be able to stay and earn IHG One Rewards bonus points under this Promotion beginning May 18, 2022 and ending on August 31, 2022 (“Promotion Period”).
- Members who did not register during the period for pre-registration may register for the Promotion during the Promotion Period.
- By clicking the “click to register” button for the Promotion, a member is registering for the Earn up to 4X Promotion and accepting these Terms & Conditions.
- After registering for the Promotion, a member can earn IHG One Rewards bonus points based on the number of qualifying nights they have during the Promotion Period, as follows: “2X points” on their 2nd through 5th qualifying nights; “3X points” on their 6th through 14th qualifying nights; and “4X points” on their 15th qualifying night and all subsequent qualifying nights. The bonus points earning structure for “2X points”, “3X points”, and “4X points” is described in more detail below and is subject to a total promotional bonus points cap of 100,000 points.
- For IHG Rewards members residing in the U.S. who have an IHG One Rewards Credit Card from Chase, this Promotion also includes an opportunity to earn up to 6,000 additional bonus points if certain requirements are met for stays during the Promotion Period. This offer for cardmembers is also described in more detail below.
- The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for any earned bonus points to be posted to your account.
- For purposes of this Promotion, the qualifying nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts, Mr and Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses Hotels, Resorts, & Spas (as identified on each hotel’s booking page), and each qualifying night must be completed during the Promotion Period, which is from May 18, 2022 through August 31, 2022.
- No retroactive credit will be given for nights prior to registration for the Promotion, and any nights outside of the Promotion Period will not be eligible for bonus points under the Promotion.
- A Qualifying Stay is a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 (or local currency equivalent) for each night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible for the applicable bonus points under the Promotion. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the bonus points available under the Promotion. If a member books more than one room on the same night, they will only receive bonus points for the Promotion on the room with the higher room rate for each qualifying night. For additional details on Qualifying Stays and Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG One Rewards Members Terms and Conditions.
- For cardmembers in the United States with an IHG Credit Card from Chase, an additional 3,000 bonus points will be awarded after the cardmember’s first three (3) qualifying nights and another 3,000 bonus points after the cardmember’s second three (3) qualifying nights.
This promotion has the potential to be very rewarding, especially if you’ll be having a lot of paid nights with IHG over the summer. 2x points for nights 2-5 is useful but not particularly notable, but 3x and 4x points the more/longer you stay can be a very good return.
Your earnings get even better if you’re an IHG credit cardholder seeing as you earn 3,000 bonus points for your first three nights and then another 3,000 bonus points for the next three nights you stay.
If you have an IHG Premier or IHG Business credit card that provide Platinum status and you pay with that card for your stays this summer, here’s how many bonus points you can earn:
- Night 1 – 26x (10x base, 10x credit card, 6x Platinum bonus)
- Nights 2-5 – 36x (10x base, 10x bonus from this promo, 10x credit card, 6x Platinum bonus)
- Nights 6-14 – 46x (10x base, 20x bonus from this promo, 10x credit card, 6x Platinum bonus)
- Nights 15+ – 56x (10x base, 30x bonus from this promo, 10x credit card, 6x Platinum bonus)
Your earnings will be even better if you have Diamond status (formerly Spire Elite status) as that will enable you to earn up to 60x points on stays – a fantastic return once you get to the 15+ nights stage. Those earning ratios don’t even take into account the two sets of 3,000 bonus points you earn for your first two sets of three nights you stay as a cardholder.
Seeing as this promotion is valid on paid stays, you can also earn cashback by booking your stays after clicking through to IHG from a shopping portal. We often see portal rates of up to 10%/10x, so that enhances this promotion even further.
Here are all current hotel promotions: