|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Delta is running an unannounced flash sale to Lima, Peru. Greg stumbled on this a short while ago and we found cheap prices from Boston, Detroit, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Raleigh, Cleveland, and more — with prices starting as low as 9,000 SkyMiles one-way through the end of June. You’ll obviously need to keep your eye on travel restrictions, but given Delta’s elimination of change fees it is low risk to book as you can always change your mind later.
- Delta is running an unannounced SkyMiles flash sale for travel between the US and Lima, Peru with prices starting as low as 9K SkyMiles one-way between some cities and Lima through the middle or end of June in many cases. See examples below.
In many cases, we found this pricing available through mid or late June. Here are some quick examples of pricing we’ve found so far:
- Boston-Lima: 9K each way through June
- Huntsville-Lima: 9K each way through April; 11K through June
- Detroit-Lima: 11K each way
- Raleigh-Durham-Lima: 11K through mid June
- Minneapolis St. Paul-Lima: 11K each way
- NYC-Lima: 12K through April (prices go up in May/June)
- Cleveland-Lima: 13K through mid June
- Atlanta-Lima: 13K each way
These rates compare very favorably to paid cash rates — and travel up front is also reasonable at 35K one-way from Detroit in this example (see cash comparison just below for the same flights).
These are solid redemptions for SkyMiles. In many cases, values are north of 2cpm for economy and even better for those looking to fly in Delta One. Make sure to shop around via Google flights though. Though the Delta flight in the above example is $443 round trip, other major carriers are available for $344 round trip almost every day in June, so YMMV in terms of how much value you get for your points. You’ll easily get solid value out of your miles with this sale — how far above “solid” is variable.
Again, with Delta’s change to change fees, the risk here is minimal in terms of the miles. I’m sure that many won’t yet be ready for a trip to South America by this June, but for those who are this could certainly be appealing.