|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re planning a trip Down Under, both Alaska Airlines and Qantas are running promotions offering double miles for flying with Qantas. Stack this with the Qantas Amex Offer and you’ll be increasing both your rewards and savings.
The Deals & Key Terms
Deal 1 – Double Alaska Mileage Plan Miles
- Earn double miles on qualifying flights to Australia from Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Dallas.
- Direct link to register.
- Book directly on Alaska or Qantas websites by April 30, 2019.
- For flights between May 1, 2019 and December 6, 2019.
- Double miles available on the following routes:
- Los Angeles (LAX) and Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), Sydney (SYD)
- San Francisco (SFO) and Melbourne (MEL), Sydney (SYD)
- New York (JFK) and Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), Sydney (SYD)
- Dallas (DFW) and Sydney (SYD)
Deal 2 – Double Qantas Points
- Earn double Qantas Points on eligible Qantas operated flights with a QF flight number worldwide.
- Direct link to register.
- Book any eligible Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number between 12.01am (AEDT) 4 April 2019 and 11.59pm (AEST) 8 April 2019 for travel between 11 April 2019 and 29 February 2020.
- Include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible flight bookings that can be made during the promotional period.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Only one bonus Qantas Points offer can be applied to an eligible flight segment. If you qualify for multiple bonus offers, the highest value offer will be applied to each individual eligible segment.
Award flights to Australia aren’t always easy to come by, so earning double miles/points for paid flights is a nice consolation prize.
There are also a couple of Qantas Amex Offers that could save you money on paid flights. These will stack with both the Qantas and Alaska promos seeing as bookings made on the Qantas website are still eligible for the Alaska promo so long as you provide your Alaska Mileage Plan membership number.
Crediting miles to Alaska Mileage Plan will likely be the most popular option for US-based travelers, but Nick highlighted a potentially good use for Qantas points in a post about the Citi transfer bonus to Qantas.
Despite both of these promotions being launched around the same time, they have different expiry dates and dates you have to travel by. Although the travel dates available with the Qantas offer go into 2020, those flights have to be booked by April 8. Also note the time zone difference – it looks like AEST is 14 hours ahead of Eastern Time in the US, so that deal actually expires before midday on April 8.
h/t OMAAT re the Alaska promo.