|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Qantas seems to really want people to book flights with them at the moment, whether that’s paid flights or award flights. There’s an Amex Offer saving you money on paid flights, while both Qantas and Alaska are offering double miles on Qantas flights.
As for award flights, there’s now a targeted email being sent out to Qantas members offering a 15-40% bonus when transferring credit card reward points. To make that even better, it’ll stack with the current Citi ThankYou transfer bonus.
- Transfer points from credit and charge card partners to your Qantas frequent flyer account and get a 15-40% bonus depending on how many points you transfer:
- Transfer up to 500,000 points to Qantas and get a 15% bonus.
- Transfer 500,001-1,999,999 points to Qantas and get a 25% bonus.
- Transfer 2,000,000 points to Qantas and get a 40% bonus.
- Direct link to offer.
- This offer is available to the recipient of this email only and should not be shared.
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points that take place between 12:01am (AEDT) 1 April 2019 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 14 April 2019.
- Bonus Qantas Points will be rounded up to the nearest whole Qantas Point.
- Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description ‘Card Transfer Bonus’.
- This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
This offer is only available to members who received a targeted email, so there’s no generic registration form to complete.
Given the high thresholds involved, most targeted members will only end up getting a 15% bonus. If you were targeted for this offer though and have a stash of Citi ThankYou points, the 15% bonus should stack with the current 25% transfer bonus from Citi. That would mean that transferring 50,000 ThankYou points would become 71,875 Qantas points which is a pretty decent return if you have an award flight in mind.
In general what is business award availability between IS and Oceania like? Via Alaska miles it is dismal. Any better going through Qantas directly?
I think it varies. The best way to check is to log in to your Qantas account as you can then search for availability – just be sure to select the ‘Classic Awards’ box.