|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
When writing about the Alaska Airlines status match/challenge earlier, I realized that we’d never written about the Frontier status match promotion that’s been running for the past few weeks.
It ends on New Year’s Eve, so we wanted to highlight it now in case you’d missed this offer being mentioned elsewhere. While paying a fee for Frontier status isn’t something anyone would normally be too excited about, it should be available to pretty much everyone seeing as you can match from hotel programs and it could be possible to parlay your status to a different airline status in the future.
- Match to Frontier status from 30 airlines and hotel chains.
- Direct link to registration.
- The offer will end at 11:59pm CST on the 31st December 2021.
- Only 1 status match per person will be permitted under this campaign. No changes can be made after approval is given. It is the members responsibility to select the highest tier available to match from when applying.
- The status match upgrade is valid until 31 December 2022 following approval.
- All Status Match requests are handled by and are the responsibility of StatusMatch.com and not by Frontier or any of its affiliates. A one-time application fee of USD$49.00 applies and will show on members credit card statements as “FRONTIER STATUS MATCH”. Chargebacks will result in revoking of the elite status and account closure.
- In addition to other eligibility requirements, a status match will only be granted to applicant’s (sic) who’s (sic) name matches what exists in the Frontier Miles program.
- The Status Match offer is limited in number of matches and timeframe at the sole discretion of StatusMatch.com and Frontier. The offer may end, be limited in some way, price changed or any other terms changed at the discretion of Frontier and StatusMatch.com at any time.
- StatusMatch.com members that recently matched into any other airline, cannot use their new elite status to match into Frontier. All non-matched status tier members are eligible.
- Both the status match applicant (the person doing the application and/or payment), and elite status beneficiary (account holder) must be residents in North, Central, or South America.
Frontier’s status match opportunity is somewhat innovative in that they’re allowing you to match from hotel loyalty programs in addition to the traditional method of matching from other airlines. That means most people reading this post will be eligible for a status match seeing as even Hilton Silver status received from a no annual fee Amex card will get you Frontier 20k status.
You can find the full list of eligible airline and hotel programs here, along with how the different status levels will map across. When this offer was launched several weeks ago it was possible to match from some top-tier hotel status levels to Frontier Elite 100k status. They presumably soon discovered how many people hold a Hilton Aspire card because on December 7 they limited hotel status holders to receiving Elite 50k status which could still be useful. Here’s a complete list of elite benefits by status level.
The biggest downside to this status match is that there’s a non-refundable $49 application fee. Even if they decline your match request for some reason, you don’t get that fee back. This offer is therefore less enticing for speculative matching, but it could still be worth doing in case it enables you to parlay Elite 20k, 50k or 100k into a different kind of airline status in the future, much like how Nick was able to turn Spirit status into Delta status.