Every summer Hyatt runs some kind of award sale for credit cardholders. Their award sale for 2022 has just been announced and it gives you a 20% rebate when staying at the three hotel brands that make up its newly designated Independent Collection.
- Hyatt credit cardholders get a 20% points rebate when booking stays at the following brands this summer:
- The Unbound Collection
- Joie de Vivre
- Direct link to registration.
- This promotion is valid only for World of Hyatt credit card members who register for the promotion between June 27 and July 31, 2022. Only points redeemed for stays completed between July 5 and September 5, 2022 (“Promotion Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 20% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Hotels during the Promotion Period.
- To qualify, credit card account must be open at the time of fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services.
- Bonus Points will post directly to your World of Hyatt account and will not appear on your credit card statement.
- Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be received under this offer.
- To be eligible for these offers, the entire stay must be completed during the Promotion Period.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for any offer in this promotion.
- Please allow 6 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to appear in your World of Hyatt account.
- For purposes of these offers, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay or completion of (and, if applicable payment for) the meal, experience, class, therapy, service or excursion. For details on redeeming World of Hyatt points, please visit worldofhyatt.com.
Some past Hyatt award sales have been valid on all their brands, so it’s a bit of a shame that this latest one is only valid at three of their brands. Having said that, a 20% points rebate is still a very good offer if you’ll be staying at any eligible properties this summer.
There are some decent properties that are part of The Unbound Collection, Joie de Vivre and Destination. We stayed at the Hotel Revival Baltimore (Joie de Vivre) for one night a couple of years ago and enjoyed our stay, then stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms (Destination) for four nights last month. I particularly loved that latter property and would happily stay there again if we head back to the Phoenix area in the future. Tim loved it too – you can read his review here.
Note that this award sale doesn’t give a 20% discount when booking your stay. Instead, you redeem the full number of points for a stay, then get a 20% rebate up to 6 weeks after your stay. With a limit of 30,000 rebated points per stay, that’s good on stays costing up to 150,000 points. If you’ll be booking a stay at one of the three eligible brands that costs more than that, it might be worth booking that as two separate stays as that’ll hopefully ensure you get rebated more than 30,000 points provided it gets processed as two separate transactions.
If you’ve never stayed at a Destination, The Unbound Collection or Joie de Vivre property, don’t forget that Hyatt’s Brand Explorer feature awards a category 1-4 free night certificate for every 5 of Hyatt’s brands you stay at. Our stay at the Tempe Mission Palms triggered my second Brand Explorer certificate, so getting a 20% points rebate on top of that this summer would’ve been the icing on the cake.
In case you’re wondering which properties are part of these three brands and where they’re located, you can see a full list of each brand’s hotels using the links below:
There are some new The Unbound Collection properties that will also earn you 500 bonus points per night. That includes the Hôtel du Palais Biarritz in France and Hotel La Compañia in Panama.