Hyatt has launched a new sale on paid stays that offers up to 15% off room rates. I’m always dubious when there are headline rates like that and this sale wasn’t mind-blowing at any of the properties that I looked at. However, in most cases, the discounted rate was effectively the same as the advance purchase rate but with less onerous cancellation and pre-payment terms (which could be useful for some during summer vacations).
- Get up to 15% off Hyatt stays between May 25 and September 10, 2023 when using promo code LOCKITIN (enter code in ‘Special Offer Code’ field).
- Book by May 23, 2023
- Offer valid for qualifying reservations made between May 2, 2023, and May 23, 2023, at participating hotels for stays from May 25, 2023, and completed by September 10, 2023.
- Use Special Offer Code LOCKITIN to book your qualifying stay.
- For information about the cancellation, refund and deposit policies associated with this offer, please see the information provided at time of booking.
- Discount percent applies to room rate only. Reservations subject to availability.
- Offer must be booked on hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt app, via a Global Care Center, via the Hyatt WeChat mini program or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the relevant discounted rate.
- Discount may reflect Member Rate discount and such discount is available only for World of Hyatt members in good standing at time of booking and stay.
- Member Rate Discount percent applies to room rate only and represents a discount off the Standard Rate.
- For participating hotels in Europe, Africa and Middle East, the Member Rate offer includes complimentary daily breakfast with qualifying stay for registered guests. Breakfast is provided in the morning following each night of a stay. Breakfast hours are limited. Breakfast benefit is not valid for in-room dining.
- Offer not valid in conjunction with previously booked or held stays and may not be combined with other offers.
- Offer not valid Hyatt Vacation Club, Hyatt Residence Club, Lindner Hotels & Resorts, me and all hotels, Miraval, MGM, UrCove and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
This Hyatt sale offers “up to 15% off the Standard Rate.” The Standard Rate is rarely the lowest rate available because there are often cheaper non-refundable Advance Purchase rates available, as well as refundable Member Rate options.
There are apparently “more than 1000 participating hotels worldwide” which means that there’ll be a chunk of hotels where the LOCKITIN promo code doesn’t work. For example, I did a search for Orlando and the Hyatt Place Lake Mary doesn’t seem to be participating in this sale.
However, when looking at the Hyatt House Orlando Airport, the rate is showing and seems to be valid for both World of Hyatt Members and non-members:
The standard rate for the night was $179. As you can see above, the promo effectively mirrors the advance purchase rate for both members and non-members (I’m assuming that the “members save more” rate in this case is the promo rate as it has the same terms). The advantage to the promo rate is that it comes with a flexible cancellation policy and only requires a one-night deposit as opposed to full pre-payment. That would obviously be more desireable for many folks.
There are a couple of things worth noting with this sale. First, although it refers you to individual cancellation policies in the terms, every hotel that I looked at required a one-night deposit at the time of booking with cancellation allowed until 7 days before the stay. Second, using this sale to book Hyatt stays overseas could be particularly good for people without Globalist status. If you book a stay in Europe, Africa or the Middle East, the rate includes complimentary breakfast.
No dice on rebooking a cash stay in Seattle this July at a better rate, most of the downtown hotels were excluded. Saw a few properties where this was offered and better than the AAA Rate but couldn’t beat the rate I already booked the Grand Hyatt for.