Hyatt has launched a new promotion for credit cardholders this summer which has the potential to be nicely rewarding. There are limits to its usefulness though because it’s only valid on award stays and only at three of their brands.
- World of Hyatt credit cardholders get a 25% points rebate on award stays at the following brands:
- Destination by Hyatt
- Joie de Vivre
- The Unbound Collection
- Direct link to registration.
- This promotion is valid only for World of Hyatt credit card members who register for the promotion between June 1 and August 20, 2021. Only points redeemed for stays completed between June 15 and September 15, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 25% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, during the Promotion Period. To qualify, credit card account must be open at the time of fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus Points will post directly to your World of Hyatt account and will not appear on your credit card statement.
- Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be received under this offer.
- General Terms: To be eligible for these offers, the entire stay must be completed during the Promotion Period. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for any offer in this promotion. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to appear in your World of Hyatt account. For purposes of these offers, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay or completion of (and, if applicable payment for) the meal, experience, class, therapy, service or excursion. For details on redeeming World of Hyatt points, please visit worldofhyatt.com. Offers subject to World of Hyatt terms (available at worldofhyatt.com/terms). Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw any or all of these offers with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time.
If you’ll be staying at any of these three brands, getting 25% off your points back is a good return, although it’s limited to total redemptions of up to 120,000 points seeing as the maximum number of points that’ll be rebated during the promotion period is 30,000. Update: Theresa has highlighted in the comments that the terms actually state that there’s a limit of 30,000 bonus points per transaction. That therefore makes it seem like you can get more than 30,000 bonus points rebated during the promotion period – you’re just limited to getting 30,000 bonus points back per stay.
Despite the generous rebate percentage, this is a fairly weak promotion due to it only being valid on three of their brands. That therefore limits its usefulness, but it could be handy if you want to stay somewhere like the Hotel Revival Baltimore as that’s a Joie de Vivre property.
If you’ve already booked a stay at an eligible property during the promotion stay dates, there’s no need to rebook your stay in order to receive the rebate. As per Hyatt’s FAQs for this promotion:
If I previously booked a stay using points and my checkout date falls within the promotional time period, will it count?
Yes, as long as the cardmember successfully registers for the promotion by August 20, 2021, their redemption stay will count and they will earn Bonus Points back if they check out between June 15 and September 15, 2021.
If this is all that Hyatt has planned on the promotion front for the summer then that’ll be incredibly disappointing. However, I’m mildly optimistic that they’ll launch additional promotions in the coming days/weeks. Hyatt frequently has 2-4 different promotions running concurrently, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more promos launched, including at least one that doesn’t require that you be a cardholder in order to participate.