|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG One Rewards has opened registration for a new promotion that offers the opportunity to earn up to 2,000 bonus points per night for stays in September. Your return might not end up being quite that generous though because you only earn bonus points when staying 5, 10 or 15 nights.
- IHG One Rewards is offering the following bonus points when staying the requisite number of nights:
- 5 nights – 10,000 bonus points
- 10 nights – 20,000 bonus points
- 15 nights – 30,000 bonus points
- Direct link to registration.
- For the “Earn up to 30K Points” offer (“Offer”), you must be an IHG One Rewards member and must be invited to participate in the Offer. After receiving an invitation, you must register your member number in advance in order to be eligible for the Offer. After registering, you can earn IHG One Rewards bonus points each time you reach the specified number of qualifying nights during the Offer Period, as follows:
- 10,000 bonus points will be awarded to your IHG One Rewards account after completing five qualifying nights
- 10,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of ten qualifying nights; and
- 10,000 more bonus points will be awarded once you have completed a total of fifteen qualifying nights during the Offer Period.
- For example, if you have stays that result in a total of eleven (11) qualifying nights during the Offer Period, you would earn 10,000 bonus points for the first five qualifying nights, and then another 10,000 bonus points after reaching ten qualifying nights, for a total of 20,000 bonus points.
- For purposes of this Offer, the qualifying nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts, Mr & Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses properties (as identified on each hotel’s booking page), and each qualifying night must be completed during the “Offer Period,” which is from September 1, 2022, through September 30, 2022.
- A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of this Offer.
- No retroactive credit will be given for nights prior to registration.
- The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to your account.
- The Offer can only be redeemed once per member during the Offer Period, and a maximum of 30,000 IHG One Rewards bonus points can be achieved.
- The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying.
Whether this promotion works out to be a generous one will greatly depend on how many nights you want/need to stay with IHG during September and the cost of those nights. Staying only four nights will result in zero bonus points, with the best return obviously being when your overall stays hit one of the 5, 10 or 15 night thresholds.
Let’s say you book a five night stay costing $125 per night with tax. Your total cost would be $625 and you’d earn 10,000 bonus points on top of the base points for your stay and any other bonus points from things like welcome amenity bonus points, status bonus points, etc. That works out to be a 16x return on your spend, so it’s better than a double points promo but not quite as good as a triple points promotion.
If you live in, or are planning to visit, an area where IHG properties cost significantly less per night, your return would be much better. Let’s say you can book a room for $50 per night with tax (note the minimum spend requirement of $30 per night). A five night stay would cost $250 and you’d earn 10,000 bonus points. That works out to be a return of 40x or the equivalent of a quintuple points promotion. A nine night stay for $50 per night would still only earn 10,000 bonus points though, so your return would be 22.22x (i.e. slightly better than a triple points promotion).
As always with these kinds of IHG promotions, it’s not valid on award stays – only paid stays costing $30 or more.
Also be sure to click through from a shopping portal before making any reservations seeing as we frequently see rates of up to 10%/10x through one portal or another. For example, at the time of publishing this post TopCashback is offering 9% cashback – you can find the current rates here.
Update: Based on a comment from Nohohh below, it looks like this is a targeted promotion unfortunately rather than one that everybody can register for. The terms suggested that due to the “must be invited to participate in the Offer” wording, but I was hoping that wouldn’t be enforced.
Here are all current hotel promotions:
|Hotel Chain||Promotion Details||End Date|
|IHG||(Targeted) IHG Promo: Earn 3k Bonus Points Every 2 Nights (9k Limit)||06/15/23|
|Choice||Choice Hotels Promo: Stay Twice & Earn 5k-7.2k Bonus Points; Redeem 8k Points For $50 Gift Card||06/30/23|
|Radisson||Radisson Rewards Americas Promo: Earn 5,000 Bonus Points On Every Stay||06/30/23|
|Best Western||Best Western Promo: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points On Award Stays||09/04/23|
|Best Western||Best Western promo: Stay 2 nights & get $50 Best Western bonus card free (limit 2)||09/04/23|
|Hilton||Hilton Honors Promo: Earn 4k Points On Resort Stays, 2k Bonus Points On Other Stays||09/05/23|
|Wyndham||Wyndham promo: Earn 5k-15k bonus points when staying 2-4 consecutive nights||09/05/23|
|Hyatt||Hyatt offering 2,000 bonus points per stay at select Canadian properties (registration required)||09/06/23|
|Wyndham||Decent Wyndham All-Inclusive Promo: Earn 5x Points + Get $100 Property Credit||12/18/23|
Would a points+cash stay with the cash amount being greater than $30 per night be considered a qualifying rate?
I don’t think so.
This seems to be targeted. Not available to everyone
That’s a shame. Thanks for letting me know – I’ll add that to the post.
Who is staying all those nights for $100 in points? Hard pass.
No one’s going to mattress-run this promo, but if someone was going to be staying with IHG in September anyway, why wouldn’t they register for the promo?
I guess you’re not used to my standard snark yet.