If you’re like me, you awoke this morning with a little more pep in your step than usual — not because Prime Day is here and it means lots of non-Amazon deals, too — but rather because there is a new Amex Offer out for Illy coffee that pairs beautifully with shopping portal cash back, a 20% off sitewide sale, and the $30 monthly Amex Platinum PayPal credit (June 2021 is the final month for this credit).
- There is a new Amex Offer out today for $10 back on $50+ at illy coffee. This stacks nicely with a site-wide 20% off deal, 8% back from a shopping portal, the $30 PayPal credit on some credit cards, and possibly even a referral for a new PayPal account if the stars align for you. More detail below.
- Amex Offer expires 8/20/21
- illy coffee 20% off sitewide with coupon code SUMMER ends Wednesday, 6/23
I don’t claim to be a coffee connoisseur – I’m merely an addict, so take my opinion with a lump of sugar and a splash of cream – but I really like illy coffee. I just really don’t like the price of illy coffee.
Enter today’s deal: knowing my addiction to illy coffee, Stephen Pepper sent me a message in the wee hours of the morning alerting me to the fact that there is a new Amex Offer out today that is good for $10 back on $50 or more at illy.
It was as if he knew that I was about to pull the trigger on an illy coffee order on Friday, but held off hoping for some sort of deal for Prime Day. Good things come to those who wait!
Here’s how to stack for the best deal:
- Start at a shopping portal. TopCashBack is offering 8% back, which is pretty objectively the best rate I see.
- Click through to illy.com.
- Add enough stuff to still have $50+ in your cart after the 20% off code (i.e. $62.50 or more pre-code). I added 5 cannisters of ground drip coffee (ordinarily $14.99 each) to my cart (which is about $75 before coupon). You don’t need to choose the subscription option for 20% off – you can choose to deliver 1 time.
- Apply coupon SUMMER to take 20% off.
- Your cart should now show $59.96 for 5 cannisters. Check out. Get 8% cash back from TopCashBack ($4.80 back) for a net cost of about $55.16.
- Trigger the Amex Offer for $10 back and a new net cost of $45.16 and free shipping.
- Stack further by checking out with an Amex Platinum (consumer) card that has not yet used this month’s PayPal credit for $30 back and a net cost of $15.16. If you happen to be new to PayPal, get a referral from a friend and you’ll get another $10 for a net cost of $5.16.
Before you judge that last step and say that everyone has a PayPal account, I’ll note that my mother-in-law is a newly-minted Amex Platinum cardholder who had no PayPal account before today. I referred her and we each get $10 for that, meaning that this illy coffee deal will net a ~$5 profit overall. Boom!
If you share my affliction with coffee addiction, Happy Prime Day to you, my friend.