|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 7/22/21: Kabbage has reached out to advise that this offer is indeed targeted, so the link previously provided won’t work if you didn’t receive an email about this.
American Express purchased Kabbage last year, a company that provides financial services to small businesses. They’re now targeting some business cardholders with an offer to earn $300 when opening a Kabbage checking account and completing an easy spending requirement.
- Open a Kabbage checking account and earn a $300 bonus when making five debit card purchases within the first 60 days.
- To be eligible to earn the $300 cash deposit, you must 1) Apply and be approved for a Kabbage Checking™ account by 9/8/2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET and 2) Successfully complete 5 debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening. Any transactions that have not cleared within 60 days of account opening do not qualify.
- Your Kabbage Checking account must be open at the time of fulfillment of this cash deposit.
- Once you have completed all the above requirements, the $300 cash deposit will be deposited into your Kabbage Checking account within 8-12 weeks from the date your account was opened.
- Limit one offer per new Kabbage Checking account.
- Offer is nontransferable and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The cash deposit may be taxable income to you and may be reported on IRS Form 1099. You are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the cash deposit. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of the cash deposit.
I think this offer might be targeted because my wife received an email about it whereas I didn’t. I haven’t included a direct link to the offer because the standard landing page for the Kabbage Checking account doesn’t mention this offer, while the link to the offer my wife received by email includes a code which might be unique to her. The email she received had the subject line ‘Meet Kabbage Checking from American Express’, so check your emails for that in case you were targeted too.
Update: Reader Vincent has shared a link (included above under ‘The Deal’) which appears to be a publicly available offer.
This seems like a super-easy way to earn $300 seeing as the only requirement beyond opening the account is to make five debit card purchases within 60 days. The account doesn’t have any monthly fees or minimum balance requirements, plus they offer 1.1% APY on balances up to $100,000. It’s therefore a very compelling offer as it’ll be $300 in profit due to there being no fees being charged, although it does sound like you’ll receive a 1099.