|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Avianca LifeMiles has launched a new award sale which can save you 15-30% off select Star Alliance routes both within North America and from North America to overseas destinations.
- Save 15-30% on the following Star Alliance routes when booked with LifeMiles:
- Miami – Houston – LM7,000 – 30% discount
- Houston – Miami – LM7,000 – 30% discount
- Newark – Cleveland – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- Cleveland – Newark – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- Detroit – Newark – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- Newark – Detroit – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- San Francisco – Los Angeles – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- Los Angeles – San Francisco – LM5,500 – 15% discount
- Haneda, Tokyo – San Francisco – LM29,000 – 17% discount
- San Francisco – Haneda, Tokyo – LM29,000 – 17% discount
- Business Class
- Miami – Houston – LM11,500 – 23% discount
- Houston – Miami – LM11,500 – 23% discount
- San Francisco – Toronto – LM20,000 – 20% discount
- Toronto – San Francisco – LM20,000 – 20% discount
- Haneda, Tokyo – Los Angeles – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- Los Angeles – Haneda, Tokyo – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- Haneda, Tokyo – San Francisco – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- San Francisco – Haneda, Tokyo – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- Narita, Tokyo – San Francisco – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- San Francisco – Narita, Tokyo – LM60,000 – 20% discount
- Haneda – New York – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- New York – Haneda – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Narita, Tokyo – New York – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- New York – Narita, Tokyo – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Incheon – Los Angeles – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Los Angeles – Incheon – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Los Angeles – Narita, Tokyo – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Narita, Tokyo – Los Angeles – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Taoyuan, Taiwan – Vancouver – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Vancouver – Taoyuan, Taiwan – LM64,000 – 15% discount
- Direct link to offer.
- Redemption dates: between September 27th to October 11th, 2021.
- The redemption of miles for air tickets is valid only through LifeMiles.com and the Avianca Call Center.
- Call Center and LifeMiles.com only accept international credit cards as a form of payment.
- Applicable taxes are not included and must be paid when making the redemption.
- A service fee per ticket is charged for redemptions made on Avianca Call Centers LifeMiles.com and must be paid at the time of the redemption. Redemption fee from US$ 25 up to US$ 80 + taxes, depending on the route redeemed, plus a late redemption fee of US$ 40 + taxes also applies, if the ticket redemption is made 14 or less days prior to departure.
- Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights and/or dates.
- Subject to availability of Class X and Class I.
- Only valid for flights on Star Alliance airlines.
- The mileage showed on the table is for one way trips
Some of the discounts here could be useful, although the appeal of many of them will be limited due to current COVID travel restrictions. For example, more than half the Business Class routes involve travel between the US and Japan and travel to Japan for tourism isn’t currently allowed.
Some of the domestic pricing could be more useful seeing as some of the routes are discounted by up to 30%. That can be made even better by taking advantage of the current 15% bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards to LifeMiles. That transfer bonus ends tomorrow (September 30) though, so there’s not much time left to take advantage of that, although this LifeMiles award sale is valid on reservations made through October 11.
One Mile At A Time has also partnered with LifeMiles to offer a 150% bonus when buying miles, meaning you can buy them for 1.32cpm. Buying enough miles for a one-way Star Alliance award flight between Houston and Miami would therefore cost you $92.40 seeing as they’re pricing at 7,000 LifeMiles with this promotion.
However, before buying miles or transferring Membership Rewards, be sure to check cash prices. When picking a random date in November for flights from IAH to MIA, you could travel for only $49 with both United and American Airlines. With United that’s traveling in Basic Economy, but even regular Economy is only $89. American Airlines is even better because their $49 fare is in Main Cabin. Transferring or buying miles for that route on those dates would therefore be poor value.