|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
LifeMiles is offering a 125% bonus when transferring miles to another person which means you can generate miles at a cost of 1.2cpp.
- Get a 125% bonus when transferring LifeMiles to another person.
- Direct link to offer.
- This promotion is valid from December 15th to December 30th, 2020 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador), as the last date of transfer.
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $15.00 not including applicable taxes and USD $18.30* including applicable taxes according to the country of correspondence registered in the LifeMiles database**
- The 125% bonus is calculated over the amount of miles to be transferred. Miles transfer is available through Avianca’s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through BUY MILES/ Transfer your miles.
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: international credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers.
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000. Minimum transfer miles: 1,000. Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses). Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status.
- The transfer of miles is not reversible or refundable, except in countries where this right is granted by applicable law, such as the right to retraction in Colombia, in the cases where it applies.
- The transfer of miles is an immediate execution transaction. Once the miles are transferred, they will be accrued immediately on the receiving member’s account. As of that moment, the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program.
- Miles transferred, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles LTD.
- *For residents in Colombia: the values are settled based on Colombia’s exchange rate on the date of the transaction. For residents in Peru the fee for each package of 1,000 miles transferred is USD 15.00 or S/. 54.09 including taxes. Prices in Nuevos Soles reflect the reference exchange rate to December 4th, 2020: S/. 3.606 Per 1 USD dollar. Final prices in Nuevos Soles will be determined based on the exchange rate of the date of the transaction. For residents in other countries, the values are settled based on the official exchange rate provided by IATA.
- **The price can be lower depending of the correspondence country entered on the Member’s profile in their LifeMiles account.
For every 1,000 LifeMiles transferred to someone else, you have to pay $15. With a 125% bonus, that means you’re paying $15 for every 1,250 bonus LifeMiles which is a cost of 1.2cpp. That’s not a bad cost for LifeMiles, although they did recently sell them for as low as 1.1cpp.
As always with opportunities to buy miles/points, you should only buy these if you have an immediate use for the miles. If you think you might want to make a LifeMiles redemption in the next couple of weeks but don’t need to do that right now, it might be worth holding off to see if some kind of transfer bonus is launched by a transferable points currency as that would reduce the number of bonus LifeMiles you’d need to buy from this 1.2cpp offer. It’s unlikely there will be a transfer bonus from a transferable currency in that timeframe as those are usually launched at the start of the month, but it doesn’t hurt to wait if you don’t need to make a redemption immediately.