It’s déjà vu time because RadPad has once again advised that it’s going to be shutting down operations.
RadPad had already shut down back in 2016 before restarting operations at some point later on. They offered the opportunity to pay rent with a credit card which had a 2.99% fee or a $4.95 fee when paying by debit card.
They’ve now confirmed to us that they’ll be shutting down from January 15, 2021. Here’s the information that they sent us:
- No rent payments will be accepted after 1/15/2021
- No new tenant screening orders will be accepted after 1/15/2021
- All property searches will be disabled after 1/15/2021
- The site will still be live so that former customers can log in and check view their profiles past 1/15/2021, but no new transactions will occur
- If anyone contacts us about re-approving an account between now and the shutdown date, please be aware that the last date for payment is 1/15
In the email from RadPad they advised that they have a sister site called Landlord Station. Although Landlord Station appears to offer online rent payments, their website doesn’t have many details about how that works. The limited information on there makes it look like it would need to be initiated by your landlord, but there are no details on what fees are charged.