Global promotions from Marriott have been few and far between over the last few years and hardly any of them have been particularly notable. Their new promotion for stays this fall is now live. It’s worth registering for it, but don’t get your hopes up about how many points you’ll be earning.
- Earn 1,500 bonus points per stay at Marriott properties + earn 3,000 bonus points for every three brands you stay at.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by November 22, 2023, will earn 1,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus an additional 3,000 bonus points after three eligible paid stays, each at a different participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brand, during the 85-night promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for eligible paid stays, personally completed and paid for by the registered member, between September 12, 2023, and December 6, 2023, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Only eligible paid stays completed after registration and during the promotion earning period will qualify toward the promotion.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
- Award redemption stays including Cash + Points Awards, Free Night Awards, or a points redemption are not eligible for the promotion.
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion (“Non-Qualifying Rate”).
- Stays at The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments, and owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Regis Residence Club and Luxury Collection Residence Club, are not eligible for bonus points for this promotion.
- Only one room at one property per stay is counted toward a member’s stay for the promotion.
- The 1,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the completed stay.
- There is no limit on the number of times a member can earn the 1,500 bonus points on each eligible paid stay completed during the promotion earning period.
- The additional 3,000 bonus points after completing three eligible paid stays at different Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion earning period ends. To earn the additional 3,000 bonus points, members can only stay once at each participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brand during the promotion earning period.
- A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
This new Marriott promotion leans more on the snoozeworthy end of things than newsworthy, but it’s always worth registering for promos such as these just in case you end up staying at any Marriott properties during the promo period that you weren’t expecting.
1,500 bonus points isn’t particularly generous seeing as those points are earned on a per stay basis rather than per night. If you book a five night stay, you’re effectively earning 300 bonus points per night.
Earning 3,000 bonus points for every three nights you stay isn’t a huge incentive either because that works out to be an average of 1,000 bonus points per stay, but only in three brand increments.
The best case scenario is that you need to book three stays of one night each at different brands. That would earn you a total of 7,500 bonus points which isn’t a bad return in that specific situation, but that’s not likely the case for most people.
It’s worth noting that this offer is only valid on paid stays – not award stays. Be sure to click through to Marriott’s website from a shopping portal before making any reservations in order to earn cashback or rewards – here are the current rates. Also be sure to check the Promotions section of your Marriott Bonvoy account as some members have targeted offers for additional bonus points such as this one.
At the time of publishing this, there aren’t currently any Marriott Amex Offers as far as I’m aware, but we’ll hopefully see new ones at the start of September. Check your Chase cards too as there are sometimes targeted Chase Offers for Marriott brands in general or for specific brands of theirs like Sheraton, Fairfield Inn, etc.
Update: A number of readers have commented that they’ve been unable to register for this offer. This sadly often happens with global Marriott promos, so it’s worth trying to register again in a few days as that sometimes works. Alternatively, reach out to Marriott Bonvoy Assist on the AFAIT (Artist Formerly Known As Twitter) as some people have had success using that method in the past.