Marriott Homes & Villas is running a short promotion that’s awarding 2x bonus Marriott Bonvoy points and a 35,000 points free night award when booking stays of five nights or more. By stacking this with a widely-targeted Chase Offer, there’s some very good value to be had.
- Stay 5+ nights with Marriott Homes and Villas, earn 2x Marriott Rewards and a 35K free night award.
- Booking must be made by 6/22/22 and stay completed by 12/31/22.
Terms and Conditions
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 2X bonus points, plus 1 Free Night Award per eligible paid stay at a participating home rental booked between June 13, 2022 (12:01 AM EDT) – June 22, 2022 (11:59 PM EDT) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott International website (“HVMI Platform”).
- Registration is not required.
- Stays of five (5) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning June 13, 2022, up to and including nights stayed on or before December 31, 2022.
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMI Platform.
- After the stay is completed, the promotion bonus Points awarded will be equal to twice the number of base Points earned per stay. Therefore, for each qualifying U.S. dollar spent, 10 total Points will be awarded.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMI Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Full Redemption and Cash & Points redemption stays are not eligible for the promotion
Most Marriott promos over the last few years haven’t been terribly inspiring, with the best awarding 2,000 bonus points per night. This Homes & Villas offer has the potential to be quite good, given the combination of 2x base points (so really, a 10x points/dollar bonus) AND a free night award valued at 35,000 points. Now that those 35K certificates can be topped off with up to 15,000 additional points, I’ve found it fairly easy to max out the value.
This will also stack with a widely-targeted Homes and Villas Chase offer that gives $100 back when spending $100. One possible sweetener to keep in mind is that you normally pay 50% at the time of booking and 50% after the cancellation window closes, so it could be possible to double-dip the Chase Offer if you’re targeted on two cards and booking with a property that has a cancellation window that closes before the offer expires in 22 days.
Even if you can only use it once, if you had a 5-night stay for $1000 and paid for the stay with a Marriott card with the Chase offer, you’d up getting a $100 cashback credit, 21,000 points (5,000 base, 10,000 bonus, 6,000 from the credit card) + the 35K cert, in addition to any additional earnings from elite status. That’s a pretty good haul. Do note that cleaning fees and taxes aren’t subject to the bonus and that can be a pretty large chunk of the total cost.
Here are all current hotel promotions: