World and World Elite Mastercard holders have picked up a couple of new benefits with DoorDash and Hello Fresh and they have updated a few other benefits.
- Mastercard has launched or updated benefits for World and World Elite Mastercard holders:
- Free 3-month DashPass membership
- $5 discount on first 2 orders each month when paying with a World or World Elite Mastercard (This discount requires having a DashPass membership, though Doctor of Credit reports that even a free Chase membership works). Note that once the 3-month DashPass membership expires, it costs $9.99/mo, so this discount looks like it’s kind of meant to offset that, though it works like a promo code and thus won’t stack with other promo codes).
- 5% back on each HelloFresh purchase that can be used on a future HelloFresh order (I guess this is like a store credit with HelloFresh?)
- $5 Fandango Reward for each $20 spent on digital rentals (new) in addition to movie ticket purchases
They have simultaneously reduced the Lyft benefit to now get a $5 credit after 3 rides taken in a calendar month. There is no more bonus for taking two additional rides (previously $10).
The $5 discount apparently applies to taxes as well according to comments at Doctor of Credit and it will work even if you have gift cards to cover any difference as long as your World or World Elite Mastercard is chosen as the backup payment method for the order. I’m sure this deal will work out to help some people justify keeping DashPass, but it means having to place two orders without other discount codes in order to take advantage of the two $5 discounts. I guess maybe that’s easy enough to do by ordering an appetizer and/or drink separately from your main course or something like that.
That said, the 3-month trial is a decent deal and if you’re able to take advantage of the $10 in credits during each of those months the DoorDash benefits could be an easy $30 win.
I assume that the Hello Fresh credit is automatic and you could therefore be taking advantage of new customer offers, shopping portals, etc. Keep in mind though that meal delivery kits typically code as grocery, so you’d want to use a card that earns one of the best category bonuses for grocery purchases if ordering a meal kit.
H/T: Doctor of Credit