|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There are new targeted welcome offers out on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit cards (both business and consumer) that are notable for both the number of MQMs included (15K) as well as the absence of lifetime language, meaning that those who are targeted may be able to get the welcome offer even if they have previously had these cards. Details below.
- If targeted, get 45,000 Delta SkyMiles and 15,000 MQMs after spending $1,000 in the first three months with this targeted welcome offer on either the Platinum Delta SkyMiles business credit card or the Platinum Delta SkyMiles consumer credit card
- Get a $100 statement credit after first Delta purchase in the first 3 months
Direct link to see if you are targetedExpired
Key Card Details
- Earn 2x on Delta purchases
- Earn 1x everywhere else
- Free domestic economy companion certificate after first year
- Priority boarding
- Free checked bags
- Big spend bonus: Earn 10K bonus miles and MQMs (towards elite status) after $25K spend and another 10K bonus miles and MQMs after $50K spend per calendar year.
- $195 annual fee
You can currently get an offer for more miles via referral from a friend if you have never had the card before (See our Frequent Miler Insiders thread to find friends and share your referral with others). However, this new targeted offer is notable because:
- This offer comes with more MQMs — 15,000 MQMs as part of the welcome offer
- Those targeted report no lifetime language on this offer (though you should always check the full terms of your offer to be sure)
If you are chasing Delta status, the extra 5K MQMs over the standard 10K that usually come with the welcome offer on these cards could be quite valuable. On the other hand, if you are not chasing status, you would may prefer a referral offer that includes more redeemable miles (though that offer is not available if you have or have had the card before). Which offer makes more sense is a matter of personal preference and situation.
To see if you are targeted, click the link under “The Deal” and enter your SkyMiles number and last name. If it tells you to check your entries and try again, I believe that means you are not targeted for these offers.
H/T: Doctor of Credit