|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards is offering an app flash deal: When you book via the app by June 24, 2021 and complete your qualifying stay by July 30, 2021, you can get your choice of a $25 Visa Gift Card or $25 Shell or BP gas gift card.
- Wyndham is offering an app flash sale deal where you can book an App Gift Card Rate that includes your choice of a $25 Visa Gift Card or $25 Shell or BP gas gift card. Note that you can only get one such gift card during the promotional window.
- Valid for bookings made by June 24th for stays completed by July 30th, 2021
- Only the first stay booked and consumed by a member in accordance with the offer terms will be deemed an offer qualifying stay
- There is a maximum of 1 gift card per Wyndham Rewards member pursuant to the App Gift Card Deal
- Gift card claim instructions will be emailed to each qualifying US Member and Canada Member at the email address associated with such member’s reservation information within 2 to 4 weeks after completion of qualifying stay
- If you do not have a valid email address associated with your reservation, you will not be eligible for the deal
- Gift card will be mailed to your address approximately 2-4 weeks after completion of the claim process
- New bookings only
- Much choose the App Gift Card Rate when booking to qualify
This wouldn’t be enough to make me book a stay with Wyndham, but it wouldn’t hurt if I already needed a stay.
Based on my read of the terms, I think it is possible (but far from certain) that this offer could stack with the summer promo to earn 6,500 points when you stay 2 nights. The terms of this gift card offer state that:
the App Gift Card Rate may not be combined with any dollars off, percentage off or other discounted rate or promotion
The key question is the inflection with which the last part of that sentence should be read. The way it is written, the adjective “discounted” would carry over to the noun “promotion” — as in “discounted rate or discounted promotion”. The 6500 points deal isn’t a “discounted promotion”. On the other hand, it is obviously a promotion. If the sentence said ” . . . or other discounted rate or other promotion” or something to that effect, where it was clear that they were talking about any other promotion rather than a discounted rate type, I’d say it couldn’t be combined. Am I splitting hairs there? Absolutely, but they chose to find at least 3 ways to describe a discounted rate (“dollars off”, “percentage off”, “discounted rate”), so who is to say that they weren’t going for a fourth way to say the same thing?
At any rate (see what I did there?), you can’t count on the deals stacking. If you’re only staying one night, you’ll obviously choose this gift card rate. If you’re staying two nights, the decision will be whether to just stick with a rate that you know works for the summer promo or to take a swing at stacking. If it were me, knowing that I wouldn’t really losing that much if I ended up only getting the Visa gift card, I’d probably live on the edge and try to stack the two promos.
However, and this is kind of a big however, note that you of course won’t get the best rate if they’re going to give you a $25 Visa Gift Card. See some example rates for a random hotel I searched for a night:
As you can see, the flexible member rate is $68.84. But if you want the $25 gift card, it’ll cost you $76.49 for a difference of $7.65. You didn’t expect them to cover the activation fee, did you?
Still, $25 back on a stay that costs $76.49 is a pretty solid rebate (and remember that you’ll earn Wyndham points).
Curious about the Wyndham Earner Business credit card rate? You could save a buck fifty-three if you’re a business cardholder, but you’d be giving up that $25 gift card.
All that is to say that this can certainly be a deal even if not amazing or quite as good as it looks. Keep in mind that you’ll need to make sure you have an email address on file with the reservation and make sure to claim the gift card when instructions are emailed 2-4 weeks after checkout.