|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
In addition to the seemingly constant 5x spending offers at Amazon, Costco, Whole Foods, Best Buy and more, the Point debit card is now also offering 5x at Walmart.
- Earn 5x at Walmart with the Point debit card.
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card, note that the annual fee is now $99. New accounts earn 10,000 points (worth $100) after spending $50 in the first seven days after approval when using a referral link. You will recieve an immediate digital card upon approval that can be used via Apple/Google Pay or online.
Note that we no longer publicly list our referral information since referrals are now capped and new users will not receive the bonus once the person making the referral has exceeded the cap.
- Expires April 18th, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases per month during this offer period.
- Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after charges appear on your Point billing statement,
- Offer valid in-store and on orders placed online at walmart.com and through the Walmart iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Excludes physical and electronic gift cards.
- Not valid on purchases made through third-party retailers, websites or mobile applications.
5x points on the Point debit card is the same as 5% cashback. We occasionally see the Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex and Discover It cards offering 5% at Walmart, but that’s only valid on up to $1,500 of spend during whichever given quarter that’s eligible and sometimes it’s only valid on Walmart.com purchases – not in-store.
This Point debit card spending offer therefore has the potential to be even better. For starters, it’s valid on both in-store and online purchases.
It’s also valid on up to $2,000 of spend. That’s because there’s a limit of 5,000 points per month during the offer period. 5,000 points earned at 5x is the same as $1,000 of spend, so with this spending offer ending in February, you could spend $1,000 in January and again in February for a total of $2,000 in bonused spend.
Remember that the personal Amex Platinum card now comes with a free monthly subscription to Walmart+ via statement credits when paying for the subscription with that card. There’s no requirement to make your Walmart purchases on the Platinum card in order to use that benefit though, so you can pay for Walmart+ itself with your Platinum card and your Point debit card for your actual Walmart purchases.
The Point debit card offered this same 5x rate at Walmart for a short period at the end of last year, so hopefully this becomes a more permanent fixture like the spending offers for Amazon, Best Buy et al.