|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Not content with offering 10x (i.e. 10% cashback) at Amazon, Costco, Whole Foods and more through December 25, the Point debit card is also offering 5x at Walmart through the end of the year.
- Earn 5x at Walmart with the Point debit card.
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card, note that the annual fee is now $99. That gets billed on your first deposit, but you’ll get 10,000 bonus points (worth $100) if you spend $1,000 on the card within 30 days of signing up
If you want to try it out, feel free to use one of our referral links / codes:
- Expires December 31, 2021 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases per month during this offer period.
- Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after charges appear on your Point billing statement,
- Offer valid in-store and on orders placed online at walmart.com and through the Walmart iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Excludes physical and electronic gift cards.
- Not valid on purchases made through third-party retailers, websites or mobile applications.
If you can’t get enough 5%/5x spending opportunities at Walmart, this is another one you can add to the list. The Chase Freedom and Freedom Flex cards are both offering 5% on Walmart purchases this quarter, as is the Discover It card, although Discover’s offering is only valid on online purchases. There’s also a targeted 5x Walmart Amex Offer which, similar to Discover’s 5% spending bonus, is only valid on online purchases.
Joining the party is the Point debit card. It’s currently offering 5x (which is the same as 5% cashback) on up to $1,000 of spend at Walmart which is valid for both in-store and online purchases, thereby matching the Freedom and Freedom Flex cards for the ability to earn on in-store purchases, albeit with a lower spending threshold ($1,000 for Point versus $1,500 for the Freedom cards).
This 5x offer can be stacked with the 5%/5x Rakuten in-store offer for Walmart, but note that the Rakuten offer ends on December 24 whereas the Point debit card offer runs through the end of the year.
If you’re not familiar with how the Point debit card’s Access deals work, you earn 1x as standard, then the bonus points are awarded a month after the spending offer has ended. With this 5x promotion ending on December 31, 2021, the additional 4x points presumably won’t post to your account until the end of January.