|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Qantas is offering a bonus when transferring points into their Frequent Flyer program and also offering Status Credits based on the number of points you transfer in.
- Transfer points to Qantas and get the following bonuses:
- Up to 299,000 points = 15% transfer bonus
- 300,000+ points = 25% transfer bonus
- 1 Status Credit for every 5,000 points transferred (limit 150 Status Credits)
- Direct link to offer.
- This offer is available to the recipient of this email only and should not be shared.
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points that take place between 12.01am (AEDT) 1 November 2020 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 30 November 2020.
- Bonus Qantas Points will be rounded up to the nearest whole Qantas Point.
- Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description ‘Card Transfer Bonus’.
- This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
- In the event of multiple bonus points transfer offers in market for the same offer period, eligible Members will be provided with the highest bonus points offer. For example, if a Member was eligible to be awarded 20% bonus points on an eligible transfer of points from a partner offer, and the Member was also eligible to receive 10% bonus points on transfer, under a Qantas offer, the higher of the two offers will apply and the Member would receive a 20% bonus points on their eligible points transfer. Members are not eligible for more than one offer on one transfer. In this example the Member would not be eligible for 20% and 10% bonus points on the same points transfer.
- The bonus Status Credits offer is only available to members who transfer their credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points between 12:01am (AEDT) 1 November 2020 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 30 November 2020.
- You will earn 1 bonus Status Credit per 5,000 points transferred to a maximum of 150 bonus Status Credits.
- Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Status Credits to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Bonus Status Credits will not contribute towards any Loyalty Bonuses, or any Platinum or Platinum One Bonus Rewards.
- Bonus Status Credits are not transferable and will be governed by the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
- This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
This transfer bonus will have very limited appeal right now seeing as Australia is imposing strict conditions on people eligible to enter the country. We always caution against transferring points speculatively in normal times, so we certainly wouldn’t advise transferring any points to Qantas right now unless you’re certain you can make use of them in the near term.
It’s interesting that they’ve added the ability to earn Status Credits when transferring points, but that’s not as exciting as it sounds. You earn 1 Status Credit for every 5,000 points you transfer with a limit of 150 Credits. That means you’d max out that earning opportunity when transferring 750,000 points to Qantas. What status would you earn by transferring three-quarters of a million points?
You have to earn 300 Status Credits to earn their lowest level Silver status, so transferring 750,000 points would get you halfway there which isn’t much of an incentive.
If for some reason this transfer bonus does appeal to you, you can transfer points to Qantas from Citi ThankYou, American Express Membership Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy and Capital One.
[…] Qantas Transfer Bonus: Get Up To 25% Bonus Points & Earn Status Credits (Targeted?) (Expires 11/30/20) […]
Is there a cheaper easier way to keep quanta points from expiring than transferring 1k Citi points? In June 2019, when Quantas and AMEX has two targeted bonuses in June 2019, I experimented with 5k AMEX rewards to see if I would receive the second targeted bonus (and was). However, now I have approx 6k quantas points expiring at the end of December.
Transferring is probably the easiest way. If you’re planning on booking an Airbnb, you can earn Qantas points that way, similar to the Delta and British Airways partnerships with Airbnb. https://www.qantas.com/us/en/book-a-trip/hotels-and-airbnb/airbnb.html
How does one even get a Qantas account? I may be thinking of a different program, but If memory serves, you need an Australian address
I think anyone can have one – we’ve certainly not needed an Australian address to get one.
Thank you. Clearly have wrong program in mind