|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Qatar Airways has quite a bit of open Business Class availability to the Maldives from airports throughout the US between February-April 2023, including a bunch of availabilty at the end of March in prime spring break season. When availability drops on this route, it always sells out fast. Book first, ask questions later.
The biggest concentration of one-stop dates are out of Houston and East-Coast cities (IAD, BOS, ATL, JFK). There are a smattering of one-stop dates from the West Coast and Chicago, which gets more plentiful if you don’t mind a 2-stop trip with a positioning flight. I also was able to find 2-stop itineraries from many smaller airports as well.
There is quite a bit of 2+ passenger availability and it’s all bookable for 70,000 AAdvantage Miles. Note that there is even more availability direct to Doha from each of these cities (h/t: VFW), so it’s also possible to build redemptions to other South-Asian/Middle Eastern destinations served by Qatar as well. I was able to find decent availability to the Seychelles, Jordan and Oman, for example.
- Fly Qatar Airways Qsuites from the multiple US Airports to the Maldives (MLE) for 70,000 AAdvantage Miles one-way throughout February-April (March has the most dates).
- Best one-stop availability is from IAH, IAD, ATL, BOS and JFK.
- Spotty one-stop and decent two-stop availability from ORD, SEA, LAX and SFO and some regional airporgts
- Additional availability is open to many more of Qatar’s Middle East/South Asian destinations.
Ways to Book
The AA and Alaska monthly calendars are the easiest way to find dates
- AAdvantage – 70,000 miles each way (use portal+aa.com)
- Alaska Air – 85,000 miles each way (use portal+alaskaair.com)
- Avios (Qatar/BA, but I had a much harder time finding availability here) – 70-85,000 each way (use portal+britishairways.com or qatarairways.com)
Qsuites are hands-down one of the best business class products in the world. While it can be easier to find availability from the US to Doha, it’s much more uncommon to find Qatar business class all the way through to MLE…and usually the DOH-MLE leg is the first lose availability. This most likely won’t last long, so book if you find dates that work for you.