|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Radisson Rewards Americas is running an award sale on Friday June 24, 2022 that could save you a decent number of points for award stays this summer.
- Get a 25% points rebate based on the RewardSaver rate when booking award stays with Radisson Rewards Americas.
- Direct link to registration.
- By participating in the Radisson Rewards Americas 25% Points Rebate on RewardSaver Offer (“Promotion”), you acknowledge, and you agree to these Terms and Conditions. To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards Americas and/or Radisson Rewards for Business Americas member (“Member”); (ii) On June 24, 2022 only, between 12 am CST and 11:59 pm CST, register online for the one-day limited Promotion and book a Standard or RewardSaver redemption stay and (iii) Standard or RewardSaver redemption stay must be completed between June 24 and August 23, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). Member can book more than one stay and receive the Rebate on each stay for a maximum of five (5) total nights. For purposes of this Promotion, all dates and time periods shall correspond to the Central Time Zone.
- All Rebates will be awarded back to the member as Radisson Rewards Americas points (“Points”) after the redemption stay has been completed. Stays at some hotels, primarily in South America, will have points rebated within 4 weeks of the end of the promotion period.
- Members must have the full amount of Points in their account to fully cover their redemption stay at the time of redemption. The 25% Points Rebate for this Promotion (“Rebate”) is based on the RewardSaver redemption point value for each night of the stay. (Example: If a Member’s redemption stay is three nights at a Category 3 hotel, the member will receive a total Rebate of 22,500 Points regardless of whether they redeemed the Standard amount of points, RewardSaver amount of points or a combination of Standard and RewardSaver point amounts for their stay. The Rebate will be credited as “Bonus” Points to the member’s account and will be visible under ‘My Account’ when you are logged in on https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.com/en-us/. Adjustments to the reservation after June 24 are not allowed. If any adjustments are made, no Rebate will be awarded.
The setup of this promotion is initially a little confusing. The email from Radisson Rewards Americas states that you’ll “Get 25% back on RewardSaver redemptions.” That makes it sound like you’ll only get the 25% points rebate when booking at the RewardSaver rate – Radisson’s equivalent of off-peak award rates.
However, when reading the terms more carefully I noticed that it states you’ll get the points rebate when booking at either the Standard or RewardSaver rate – it’s just that if you book at the Standard rate you’ll only get 25% worth of points back based on the RewardSaver rate for that hotel’s category.
For reference, here are the different award levels in the Radisson Rewards Program:
To give an example of how this new promotion will work, let’s say you book a category 3 property. The RewardSaver redemption rate is 30,000 points per night, so the 25% rebate means you’ll get 7,500 points back per night no matter whether you book at the Standard or RewardSaver rate. That means the net cost for a Standard category 3 property will be 37,500 points or 22,500 points for a RewardSaver room. As a result, a Standard room costs 16.67% less while a RewardSaver room would save you a total of 50% based on the Standard rate.
I haven’t spent much time conducting Radisson award searches over the past year as we’ve been low on their points which will be even lower now that US Bank has converted Radisson cards and so we won’t get card renewal bonus points. Having said that, for the award searches I have done I’ve noticed a decent number of RewardSaver availability. For example, when doing a random search for a three night stay near Norfolk, VA this summer, three of the five properties in the Hampton Roads area are bookable at the RewardSaver rate.
Note that this deal gives you a points rebate rather than a points discount. That’s important because it means you need the full number of points to make your reservation, then you’ll get back 25% worth of points after your stay, much like how IHG processes the 10% points rebate for Select cardholders.
Reservations taking advantage of this deal have to be booked on Friday June 24 only, although it’s valid on stays from June 24 to August 23. It’s pleasantly surprising that they’re offering a deal like this during prime summer travel time – perhaps they’re trying to run down member points balances before Choice Hotels completes their takeover. We’ll republish this deal on Friday as a reminder once it’s live.