Update 10/26/20: Promo code FS20SCARY is good for 35% off all fees (including shipping) for purchases online through Simon Mall’s volume ordering program from October 26 – 31, 2020. The last time they ran a similar promotion, the code was valid for unlimited use during the promo window and I expect that will be the same this time as well. Update 11/6/20: Promo code FS20THANKS will take 35% off all fees (including shipping) for purchases online through Simon Mall’s volume ordering program from November 6-8, 2020. That said, I recommend caution here. We’ve previously reported problems that people have had lately liquidating (and we continue to get more reports of the same) and while we reached out to Simon about that we have yet to hear from them regarding this issue. Update 10/26/20: Promo code FS20SCARY is good for 35% off all fees (including shipping) for purchases online through Simon Mall’s volume ordering program from October 26 – 31, 2020. The last time they ran a similar promotion, the code was valid for unlimited use during the promo window and I expect that will be the same this time as well. Update 10/12/20: This deal is back, but this time it is good for 30% off all fees (including shipping and handling fees) with code FSOCT20. This makes the net cost per card very reasonable. This code has unlimited use (subject of course to the $25K per day limit on orders with Simon, which includes fees), but it expires 10/14 (valid 3 days only). Update 8/24/20: This promotion has been extended to 8/31/20 and Simon has added an additional 10 uses of promo code AUG20PR for 15% off all fees (meaning that each customer can use this a max of 20 times). Update 8/11/20: Simon Mall’s volume gift card site is offering 15% off on all fees (including 15% off the shipping fee) on orders of 5 or more cards with coupon code AUG20PR. While not quite as good as the July promotion, this is nonetheless noteworthy given recent changes in the online landscape.
Simon is offering several promo codes for “July 4th Savings”, including 20% off purchase fees and free ground shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. (expired)
- Simon Mall’s volume ordering site is offering the following discount codes for orders from its bulk gift card site (which requires approval to be able to purchase – see this post for more detail. Note that consumers should register a a consumer here in order to have access to the $1,000 cards.)
- FS20THANKS: 35% off all fees when ordering Visa or Mastercard gift cards online via the bulk site. Valid 11/16 to 11/18/20. It looks like this code can be used an unlimited number of times (subject to Simon’s daily ordering limits).
- FREEGROUND: Free shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires 12/31/20 (subject to change).
- Promo codes can not be combined
- Credit for orders submitted without codes will not be permitted
This promotion makes the cost per card quite reasonable assuming you’re buying a large quantity.
For example, if you were to buy 10 Visa Gift Cards and load them with $1,000 each using code FS20THANKS, this is how the math would work out in terms of fees:
- 10 x $3.95 = $39.50
- Add $10 processing
- Add $16.06 shipping (note: This is an example and varies. This was the amount for shipping to me)
- Total cost = $65.56
- Total cost after 30% discount = $42.61 ($4.26 per $1,000 Visa Gift Card in this example)
Your cost may be more or less depending on how many cards you order (larger orders come to a cheaper cost per card). While not the cheapest manufactured spending around, that certainly makes these cards easily profitable or makes for fairly cheap points for those with a use for the Visa Gift Cards.
Particularly with the recent demise of GiftCards.com and GiftCardMall.com given the new monthly caps on portal earnings for those sites and the fact that those sites now sell a max denomination of $250 per gift card, Simon was looking a bit better until recent issues began. There are other options still around for buying Visa and Mastercard gift cards as well, but as noted above make sure you have a couple of backup plans.