|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: Kathy from Will Run for Miles reports having gotten this offer on the AAdvantage Platinum Select card and reader jeph36 reports receiving it on a Citi Dividend card. Keep an eye out for emails on any of your Citi cards.
Citi has sent out a targeted spending offer for some Citi Rewards+ cardholders offering 10x for eligible online purchases through 4/30/20, up to 2500 points. I imagine that most readers will be spending $250 online between now and the end of the month, so it’s worth checking your email to see if you are targeted.
- Citi is sending out a targeted spending offer to some Citi Rewards+ cardholders good for 10x for eligible online purchases through 4/30/20 up to 2500 points
- Do direct link. Email subject line is: “[Name], Use Your Citi Card to Earn Bonus ThankYou® Points on Eligible Online Purchases: It’s So Simple to Activate.”
- Eligible online purchases include:
- Eligible purchases made at your favorite retailer’s website
- Restaurant delivery orders
- Online drugstore orders (Including prescription orders made online)
- Offer excludes:
- Gas stations
- Must activate with the unique link in your email by 4/27/20
Keep in mind that supermarkets are excluded, so I don’t think an online order for curbside delivery will work. That said, tons of other types of online purchases should work — Amazon, GrubHub / UberEATs, DoorDash, etc.
I imagine this would work for online gift card purchases at many retailers as well. If you were intent on using this offer at a grocery store and you have a store that does not directly process gift card orders, maybe you could order a grocery store gift card? For example, since Kroger gift card purchases aren’t actually processed by Kroger I think there’s a chance that they will code in a way that triggers this? I don’t know for sure and I imagine most readers can find a use other than at grocery stores, but it’s a thought if that’s the limit of your current online spending.
This won’t give you a huge windfall of points, but it’s an easy win. If you have other Citi cards, keep an eye on your email as they often send out different spending offers on various cards around the same time.